Have you went to the gym on your birthday?

Options
Just curious. :smile:

Replies

• jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    NO WAY! My birthday is in May. I don't want to be stuck in the gym! I usually go hiking or running in the hills if I feel like it - which I usually do. I don't have a draconian fitness schedule. I do what I want.
  • KateK8LoseW8
    KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I worked out at home in the morning and went hiking in the afternoon on my last birthday.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    This year for my 42nd birthday, I hiked 15 miles of mountainous terrain with a 35 pound pack. I know it's not the gym, but it's still a workout. I can't imagine *not* working out on my birthday! What better way to honor my healthy body than to exercise it on my birthday. :smile:

I did the exact same thing (same distance and pack weight) last year, except I was in desert canyons instead. That definitely counts as a workout.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    Yes, because I love working out. It's not a punishment; it's a hobby!
  • KirbyT16
    KirbyT16 Posts: 411
    Options
    Just last Wednesday- I ran on the elliptical! Wanted to make sure I could enjoy my dessert and not feel guilty!
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    One year I did and when I swiped in it popped up on their screen that it was my birthday and I was treated to some public embarrassment. I decided not to go on my birthday the year after that.

LOL. What did they do?
  • notthatNaomi
    Options
    My birthday is on Christmas Eve so my gym is always closed.
  • LiveLoveLift67
    LiveLoveLift67 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym no matter what. I dont even go out for new years because i go to the gym early the next morning. Its just more important to me.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Isn't any different than any other day unless it falls on my rest day...... :drinker:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Sure. Why wouldn't I? Unless it's a Saturday. I usually take those off.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. It's like my present to myself.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Just had my birthday in October & worked out with my trainer that night.. He had an especially difficult workout for me in honor of my birthday.
  • PrettyPearl88
    PrettyPearl88 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Yes, because I love working out. It's not a punishment; it's a hobby!

This! If I can squeeze a workout in on my birthday, I do it! But not because I feel I have to or because I "shouldn't skip a day" or any other nonsense like that. My birthday is MY day to make ME happy; if I want to do something, I do it and if I don't want to do something, I don't do it! :tongue: Working out makes me feel great and happy and it's exactly what I want to do on my birthday...so I make sure to get a GOOD workout in! :bigsmile:
  • jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Of course! My birthday fell on a chest day.