Doing everything right and something so wrong

Hi,
I need someone to tell me that the reason I feel so disheartened right now is because I'm expecting too much too soon!
I've been going to the gym twice a day for around 40 mins each time 6 days a week and having one rest day, I keep my heart rate at the optimum of burning fat and I am doing strength training, a typical day's food for me =

Breakfast
Banana and wheetabix with skimmed milk

Snack
Nectarine

Lunch
Wrap with tuna or medium baked potato with beans

Dinner
Grilled Salmon with steamed vegetables /
Grilled chicken with vegetables /
Pitta bread with some sort of protein /
Brown rice with vegetables
All with salad

Snack:
Pack of raisins / two finger kit kat / more fruit

I've been drinking at least 8 glasses of water per day + 1 litre with each gym visit

I feel like I should feel/look a little better than I actually do with the supposed effort I've put in what am I doing so WRONG!?!?!??!

:cry: :brokenheart:

Replies

• xmimikinsx
    xmimikinsx Posts: 191
    Hi,
    I need someone to tell me that the reason I feel so disheartened right now is because I'm expecting too much too soon!
    I've been going to the gym twice a day for around 40 mins each time 6 days a week and having one rest day, I keep my heart rate at the optimum of burning fat and I am doing strength training, a typical day's food for me =

Breakfast
    Banana and wheetabix with skimmed milk

Snack
    Nectarine

Lunch
    Wrap with tuna or medium baked potato with beans

Dinner
    Grilled Salmon with steamed vegetables /
    Grilled chicken with vegetables /
    Pitta bread with some sort of protein /
    Brown rice with vegetables
    All with salad

Snack:
    Pack of raisins / two finger kit kat / more fruit

I've been drinking at least 8 glasses of water per day + 1 litre with each gym visit

I feel like I should feel/look a little better than I actually do with the supposed effort I've put in what am I doing so WRONG!?!?!??!

:cry: :brokenheart:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    You dont say if you are losing weight, or inches, or just disheartened at the slow progress.

It takes time.

Are you eating your exercise calories? If not then think about it. You eat 1200 cals for the day. You exercise away at least 600 cals (from your post) So now your body is getting 600 cals to fuel itself.

Maybe not so many carbs after dinner? Eat them earlier in the day? Carbs (especially simple carbs like sugar and all things white ) turn directly to sugar. Doctor told me a slice of white bread is like eating a teaspoon of straight sugar.

Anyway, keep up the good work cuz it is about your health, not just losing weight. You are setting yourself up for a great life of eating right and exercise. What could be bad about that!!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    I'm pretty sure that menu doesn't represent eating two workouts worth of exercise calories? Are you doing this? Are you at 1200 calories?

Also, we'd need other numbers (current weight and height, calories) to help more.:flowerforyou:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    X what are you numbers?

the food looks good health wise, but since we don't have the portions,
    or your weight/height/activity level/body type then we can't even predict what the issue could be.

Also, you say 40 minutes twice a day, but 40 minutes of what? Cardio, weights, circuit?
    What is your heart rate average for that 40 minutes, are you eating the right foods at the right times? By that I mean, protein 1 hour after a weight training session, carbs 1 to 2 hours before cardio...etc

Remember, you don't have much to lose, so it's not going to be something you notice daily or weekly.
    Weight loss at or near maintenance levels is going to be slow and very arduous. It's just the way it is.