AF question for the ladies

Options
Sorry I didn't know where to post this and Google keeps referring to pregnancy and stress related things.
For the last six months or so my TOM has been 1 or two weeks late. Never on the same day or nearly around it. Last month it was the 4th And this month's hasn't even come yet. I always think ugh pregnant! But have to remind myself hubby "fixed" That.
Stress? Maybe. But for half a year? Change of diet? Possibly. But I haven't been my healthiest lately and again, you'd think after this long my body would of regulated itself by now. Any thoughts?

Replies

• rmblackmt123
    rmblackmt123 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Well it really depends on your size now... If you are very fit and active the amount of body fat (or lack there of) will affect your AF. Many female athletes stop having it all together. You can go on birth control even though it's not needed to help regulate. I would ask your doctor but it's not a bad thing or something to worry about. The convenience of knowing WHEN is always a plus though. I wouldn't worry about it if pregnancy is not a concern. GL
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    Mine does this too, if not on BC. Its become the new "normal" to be a week or so late.
  • lilred806
    lilred806 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Don't know the answer but have had similar issues lately. My symptoms around it seem worse also. Had 24 days between one month and then 30+ days the next. I just figure my body is a bit confused.
  • MickeyBoo
    MickeyBoo Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    My cycles did this and on testing found out that I was diabetic and in the beginning stages of PCOS, no cysts on my ovaries, but majority of the hormonal changes that occur with PCOS, which in turn screw up your cycles. Diabetes and PCOS quite often go hand in hand, I had already lost 20kg when I was diagnosed so a healthy diet and exercise doesn't always fix things straight away. I'd go and ask for some testing, be referred to an endocrinologist as they will know what they're looking for more than a general Dr.
  • oX_Vanessa_Xo
    Options
    Well it really depends on your size now... If you are very fit and active the amount of body fat (or lack there of) will affect your AF. Many female athletes stop having it all together. You can go on birth control even though it's not needed to help regulate. I would ask your doctor but it's not a bad thing or something to worry about. The convenience of knowing WHEN is always a plus though. I wouldn't worry about it if pregnancy is not a concern. GL

I am so out of shape its not funny. I'm not obese but I'm a bit over weight.
    I am a worry wart and was thinking ovarian cysts and a whole bunch of crap. I would love to speak to my doctor about it but he is so clueless that he hasn't even bothered to figure out why I have severe arthritis pain (but no arthritis) And horrible sciatica pain (but no sciatica)... ok now I'm venting lol
  • ADietadaM
    ADietadaM Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    if you aren't pregnant and if you don't use an pill for birth control, you need to see the doctor. I have that problem long years ago. Maybe you will need to take pill for birth control.
  • rmblackmt123
    rmblackmt123 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I would find another doctor, one where you feel important and your worries addressed. I don't know what I would do with out my wonderful doctor, she always answers my "dumb" questions and makes me feel like she really does care about my health and concerns.