Belly doesn't seem to be shrinking I'm losing hope.

Options
2»

Replies

• lauraspberry
    lauraspberry Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I feel your frustration. I keep having a bad day and eating too much so I've actually gained weight and it's all in my belly and thighs.

You look like you've lost some weight all over. Keep it up and don't get too frustrated and I'll follow my own advice!

You made me laugh with the last line haha but yeah we should keep the faith lol the pics and success stories that I read off of this makes me hopeful that people like us who tend to accumulate fat in the stomach area can get rid of it :) It just takes time sadly haha
  • lauraspberry
    Options
    Do you mind me asking how you reduced your body fat after reaching a good weight? Is it just through exercise?

I feel the OP's pain. I got down to goal weight once and still had a horrid pot belly, fat neck and flabby arms despite no longer being "fat". I ended up falling off the bandwagon and gaining it all back, plus some.

Here's hoping I'll actually loose body fat this time.

Lin7604 suggested doing Chalean Extreme :) if you like getting into home workouts :) I'll sure try it after my current program. I need to lose around 5-6% fat :/
  • angless21
    angless21 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Having a very hard time losing weight. Don't know what am doing wrong. you can add me
  • ErinMLB
    ErinMLB Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    13 pounds is huge, and I can tell you lost weight even in your belly!. Those ads are Photoshop, ignore them. If you go to success stories here, you'll find realistic successes, that took a long time to achieve. Also some people loose weight in their belly last, I'm one of them. You've just got to take your time, and not worry about it too much, have faith in the process. Also use a tape measure instead of only relying on the scale to see how you're doing

If it's at all possible for you to incorporate some weight into it, it could help, even just doing body weight exercises would be good, obviously don't do anything that could risk re-injuring yourself. Planks are lovely for building a good core.Because of the previous injury I would recommend talking to a doctor or physiotherapist to try to develop something that will work for you.

Keep hope, you are doing fabulously.
  • lauraspberry
    Options
    Having a very hard time losing weight. Don't know what am doing wrong. you can add me

I messaged you :)
  • lauraspberry
    Options
    13 pounds is huge, and I can tell you lost weight even in your belly!. Those ads are Photoshop, ignore them. If you go to success stories here, you'll find realistic successes, that took a long time to achieve. Also some people loose weight in their belly last, I'm one of them. You've just got to take your time, and not worry about it too much, have faith in the process. Also use a tape measure instead of only relying on the scale to see how you're doing

If it's at all possible for you to incorporate some weight into it, it could help, even just doing body weight exercises would be good, obviously don't do anything that could risk re-injuring yourself. Planks are lovely for building a good core.Because of the previous injury I would recommend talking to a doctor or physiotherapist to try to develop something that will work for you.

Keep hope, you are doing fabulously.

Thank you so much! I've been to physiotherapists 3x and they only teach me petty exercises you know like those REALLY simple boring ones like squats and stuff to strengthen the hamstrings but my hamsteings are so much stronger now it's just kinda fragile I guess since there's an i-repairable damage in there :( but yeah maybe I could try some weights not just the super heavy ones :)
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Looking at your profile pictures, it looks like it is shrinking, actually :P Quite a bit.
  • adorable_aly
    adorable_aly Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I have exactly the same problem, and honestly it can make it really hard to stay on track. BUT in 3 months I could either gain back weight, and lose the progress I made or possibly have a slightly flatter stomach and a lower body fat %. I'll take progress over regression any day of the week :)
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    Do you mind me asking how you reduced your body fat after reaching a good weight? Is it just through exercise?

I feel the OP's pain. I got down to goal weight once and still had a horrid pot belly, fat neck and flabby arms despite no longer being "fat". I ended up falling off the bandwagon and gaining it all back, plus some.

are you referring to me?
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options

Lin7604 suggested doing Chalean Extreme :) if you like getting into home workouts :) I'll sure try it after my current program. I need to lose around 5-6% fat :/

yes that is what helped me a lot was chalean extreme. if you want to know any more about these kind of programs you can message me :)