could really use some help here..

Options
I have been using my phone app for a week now to track my calories, food diary etc...today is the first time I have really used the site, message boards, adding people etc..

I don't fully understand the "adding people" is there anything I need to look out for? I am NOT here to DATE...NOT here to FLIRT...just looking for some accountability, fitness/food ideas and some good ol' fashion encouragement from people with similar fitness goals..

any advise?

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    You can always block people that flirt if you don't want it. It happens.
  • Peace_Love_Coexist
    Options
    thank you:smile: ....I will definitely keep the block feature in mind. I don't mean to sound full of myself....but some things sent to me seem really off track. ..and I'm not here for that. Also, I have had a few invites...Are some of the messages spam...or pretty much genuine people?
  • lenehreut
    lenehreut Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    if you"re looking for health and fitness support feel free to add me I promise i'm not creepy haha
  • ItsAliciaMarie
    Options
    I haven't seen any spam. To be honest though, the closest thing I feel like span is that there are a lot of people that fall off of the bandwagon and don't stay. Proof: ME! This is my 3rd time. If you start to see posts like: "soandso hasn't been on for 2 weeks, they may need some encouragement" and you don't see them back after, I delete them as friends. I just don't see it as motivating to keep seeing other people "fail."

Which means if I fall off of the bandwagon (I REALLYY don't plan to this time) you have my go to delete my butt immediately! :smile:
  • Caitu13
    Caitu13 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Most people here are adults and know this is a site for weight loss/ support/ food ideas/ etc lol! Feel free to add me for support and food ideas!
  • THECaptainObvious
    THECaptainObvious Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Thankfully the only spam I've had sent to me was fitness buffs looking to sell their product.. Other than that everyone I've talked to aren't here to flirt, they're here for support and advice. Feel free to add me!
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I've never had any troubles either. If someone does give you the creeps, you just defriend them. If a message seems off to you, follow your instincts and ignore it. Add people that say things you like on the forums.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    I have been using my phone app for a week now to track my calories, food diary etc...today is the first time I have really used the site, message boards, adding people etc..

I don't fully understand the "adding people" is there anything I need to look out for? I am NOT here to DATE...NOT here to FLIRT...just looking for some accountability, fitness/food ideas and some good ol' fashion encouragement from people with similar fitness goals..

any advise?

I read people's profiles if they are visible. If they are not visible, I might not accept a friend request, and I might. If anyone sends any messages I don't like, I will delete the person out and block them. I've had that happen once.
  • Peace_Love_Coexist
    Options
    Thanks everybody. I really appreciate you taking the time to read and comment :) I am happy most of you have had a pleasant experience. Please feel free to add me to your friends. I have met a few cool people so far...but I am still working on gathering supportive friends :)
  • Peace_Love_Coexist
    Options
    I've never had any troubles either. If someone does give you the creeps, you just defriend them. If a message seems off to you, follow your instincts and ignore it. Add people that say things you like on the forums.
    Good advise..thank you :)
  • bflytilidy
    Options
    Hi! I haven't had any problems yet, but like you I'm just starting to get serious about regular logging and adding some people for motivation. I find it helps a lot to see the food diary of others. I'll send you a friend request so feel free to add me :-) Bianca