Guess my ethnicity!

Options
SweetlyVague
SweetlyVague Posts: 172 Member
I just saw a thread about this and I thought it would be fun to do this, as well! I'm asked quite frequently what my ethnicity is by complete strangers, which is both odd and amusing lol! Any time anyone asks, I always make sure they guess first because I find it fun to see what people think.

So, what do you guys think?

For the record, I'm never offended by any guesses. And you can see more photos via my profile- it's not locked down. :)

Replies

• SaBh93
    SaBh93 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hispanic and/or Asian- Phillipina?
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Singapore/Korea/China
    For the record, I'm never offended by any guesses. And you can see more photos via my profile- it's not locked down. :)

Thanks for clarifying, my friend hates when she's told she looks Indian lol.
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    I just saw a thread about this and I thought it would be fun to do this, as well! I'm asked quite frequently what my ethnicity is by complete strangers, which is both odd and amusing lol! Any time anyone asks, I always make sure they guess first because I find it fun to see what people think.

Firstly, I'd never boldly enquire after your blend, for that's rude. I'd have assumed on face value, that you're a Black (Afro) Asian, with your dominant Asian features primarily sourced out of South East Asia, mainly Indonesia. Can't see the Philippines, Thailand and most definitely not Korea, Japan and China.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options

Hmmm if I had to guess your ethnicity from your exposed features .... Let me see ... Your nasal bridge is short indicative of possible Afroid and Asian or Mexican extraction. Your nasal flaps are larger & thicker and set below your tip line, which alludes to hotter climate adaptation, for larger sinuses and cooling. The nasal tip is bulbous. Your photos have been put through fun filters, so it's difficult to ascertain true skin tone. 'Mkay ....

With those considerations, I'm going to say that you are Black(via Barbados with links to Sierra Leone or Guinea or Ghana or the Ivory Coast or Nigeria or Cameroon). Your Asian is likely South East from your bridge width ~ Philippines(native and not the ones with more Spanish/Dutch in their mixes) or Indonesia or Guam or Saipan. Finally ~ Mexican ... More native than those with more European admixtures.

What is certain is that you look to be a mix. :smile:
  • honey_bee_keysha
    honey_bee_keysha Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    I would say probably a mix of African American and Asian.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,679 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing you're trying to throw people off with the thread because you look to be of some Asian decent. But I have a friend who looks very similar to you and she's got no Asian in her. So I'm gonna guess you're like her....................half African American and half Caucasian (white).

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing you're trying to throw people off with the thread because you look to be of some Asian decent. But I have a friend who looks very similar to you and she's got no Asian in her. So I'm gonna guess you're like her....................half African American and half Caucasian (white).

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Genuinely appreciate what you've highlighted via your post ninerbuff; The inaccuracies of human variations via the misleading echoes of the mixed ethnicities via our human (d)evolution, distinctive of a 3rd, via 2 in the fusion with little to no tells.

ETA: By (d)evolution, as in (devolution or the evolution of human variations) depending on perspective for some; A cause for political rife on the ground. "The curse" of the mixed race or the threat to the pure, determining the rights to likely losses or the potential gains of resource. High set vs Low set; Sharp vs Blunt.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'm not nearly as smart as some of the posters in this thread. I personally thought Thai when I looked at your pictures.