What exercises to lose weight on my thighs and my backside

Hi All
Ive been losing weight and inches from everywhere but the places that dont seem to be going down is my thighs and my bum! Now im wondering what are the best exercises to try and get rid of it? Ive increased the amount of squats but any other exercises you can think of would be great!
Thanks

Replies

• Nutrition, nutrition. Training those areas will build muscle under fat. To shrink the fat on top of the muscle, 80% is food and 20% is training.
  • PS - weighted squats will add girth to your thighs. It's the old myth that spot training take the fat off in those areas. It's what you are putting in your mouth that will strip it off.
  • Ainar
    Ainar Posts: 858 Member
    Burn calories with exercises and / or ate at calorie deficit. That's all. You can not target one area of fat, it's like trying to drink water of one side of glass, not how it works. Just keep losing weight and with time you will lose fat where you want.

For females usually tights and butt are places where fat comes off last and is hardest to lose, for males it's usually belly.
  • PJ_73
    PJ_73 Posts: 331 Member
    Squats, deadlifts and lunges have certainly worked on shrinking my posterior!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Patience.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Hi All
    Ive been losing weight and inches from everywhere but the places that dont seem to be going down is my thighs and my bum! Now im wondering what are the best exercises to try and get rid of it? Ive increased the amount of squats but any other exercises you can think of would be great!
    Thanks

For me, it seems like incline treadmill did it for me. I used to spend an hour on the treadmill 3-5 days a week, then do my strength training. I haven't lost any inches on my thighs in a while ( I do weighted squats), but I have lost fat.

everyone has a place that is the LAST you lose weight. Mine is my belly. My arms and legs look good, but I still have belly rolls :(
  • grillnchill
    grillnchill Posts: 772 Member
    Squats, deadlifts and lunges have certainly worked on shrinking my posterior!
    ^ this.

I'm watching my bum shrink and tighten week after week by incorporating these.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    I have issues with making myself use a gym so I exercise at home and walk walk walk outdoors. I have found that walking the hills n my neighborhood gives my thighs and glutes the best workout. My dog and I do the "maximum hills" walk at least twice a week. That is not to say that the fat has come off my thighs yet, that's probably where most of my last 18 pounds is and a little left on my "baby belly". (I have had four kids in the 8-9+ pound range, that may never go away and I won't stress if it doesn't. They're worth it.) I don't think you can target spots like that. I think you just have to lose and let your body do it's thing.
  • katdell
    katdell Posts: 89 Member
    Thanks for all your comments.... maybe I need to be a bit more patient but try a few different exercises to top it off!! Lets just hope I can see a bit of a changing in the future... Im going to be changing a few things in my diet but im hoping with doing some more lunges, squats and deadlifts!