November Running Challenge For Beginners!

Options
2»

Replies

• hopperem
    hopperem Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Managed 2.5 this morning but was running slower than a snail! 4.5 to go.... I should also say I wouldn't have got out of bed but for this challenge so thank you RoyBeck!
  • RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    That's great to hear well done!!

Last day tomorrow of week 1 so get your miles in!!
  • RoyBeck
    Options
    Ok here's my progress:

Week 1 - 1/11/13-7/11/13 10 miles run

How's everyone going?
  • KokowithaK
    KokowithaK Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'll join!

From 11/1-11/8, I ran a total of 27 miles. 4-4.5 miles on a daily basis (except for my two rest days) and one 7 mile run on my long run day. Will be moving it up to 5 miles starting on Monday. Hoping to get 28-30 miles for next week.
  • lauriewebster1
    Options
    I'd love to join if it's not too late! I have been regularly running about 12-15 miles a week but blew my back out on Monday :( Should be back running hopefully by end of next week. I REALLY want to do some more 5k runs. Did two in October and had a lot of fun.
  • RoyBeck
    Options
    Never too late to join! I run 2 miles today and felt great. Good start to the 2nd week.
  • hopperem
    Options
    I only managed 5.5 week 1 - lack of time! But intend to do 10 this week starting now!
  • RoyBeck
    Options
    I only managed 5.5 week 1 - lack of time! But intend to do 10 this week starting now!

Morning! That's no problem you've got a brand new week to aim for 10 now!

I'm off to my gym shortly for a 3 miler but I quite fancy doing interval so gonna do 3x1 mile runs (0:11:00) with a 2 minute walk in between. That'll take me to 5 for week 2.
  • hopperem
    Options
    I'm in a hotel this weekend and did 25mins on elliptical trainer and it said I'd done 4.6 miles! I don't think even Mo Farar can do that so shall record it as 2 which seems more likely!
  • Pipparuns
    Pipparuns Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    10.76 miles total this week. 5 of those done today. Woot!
  • RoyBeck
    Options
    10.76 miles total this week. 5 of those done today. Woot!

Yes!! Nice running!
  • Pipparuns
    Pipparuns Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hey u!

I am currently at 9 miles give or take per week - happy to increase for November. I'm in! I just got a new running jacket and cap for the colder and very wet weather....

J x

New duds always make a run go better! Even just new socks can make me a happier shuffler. :)
  • hopperem
    Options
    1.3m this morning - so 3.3m so far this week. Am going to have to run a BIG one to reach 10 this week....
  • RoyBeck
    Options
    1.3m this morning - so 3.3m so far this week. Am going to have to run a BIG one to reach 10 this week....

Well done. 1.75 a day will get you there.

I'm on 0.5 miles so far as I've injured my left knee but going back tomorrow after 3 days off and hopefully won't feel any twinges.
  • RoyBeck
    Options
    Run 3 miles today (Well a 5k) felt a bit sore after but an hour later now and feel good. How's everyone doing?
  • hopperem
    Options
    Managed another 1.3m this morning. Takes me to a rather pathetic 4.6m total ( but better than nothing!). I have yoga tomorrow morning so unless I manage a run Friday evening that will be my week. Bit far from 10m. Shall try harder next week! How is your knee?
  • RoyBeck
    Options
    That's not pathetic at all!!

My left knee is not great. I'm at 3.5 for this week but unfortunately won't be adding to it further as I've had to take a week off. This will probably set me back for next week but am determined to make another thread for December. Gutted to say the least.
  • hopperem
    Options
    Rest is probably what it needs to recover. Meanwhile I shall try for that elusive 10 mile week! Heading for treadmill this morning....
  • hopperem
    Options
    Just did 6m! May make 10m this week!
  • hopperem
    Options
    And another 1.7m - so total this week 7.7m and five days left. Surely can make ten this week? Lol.