One Month of Progress

Options
So I normally wouldn't do this because I'm super self conscious, but I'm going to anyways because I think it'll be good for me and hopefully help other people as well. I'm no where close to done, I still have about 20-25 pounds to lose before I'll be around my goal weight(depending on what I look like when I get closer I'll of course reevaluate). I still have to find a picture of where I started out at, I started around 168, but I hate getting my picture taken so there aren't too many in circulation. My plan has been to keep my eating around 120-1400 net calories every day, exercise a minimum of 3 times a week, usually it ends up being about 4 times. I go to the gym for about an hour a day, 30 minutes of cardio broken up with some strength training. I have made so much progress in my three months of workouts I can't even begin to tell you all of them, but here are a few:

-I went from not being able to jog for a full minute to being able to now jog at a personal best of one mile in 11:20.
-I went from not being able to do my full 40 bicycle crunches without taking a break to catch my breath and not being even close to touching my knees to NOW being able to do 2 sets of 50 with no resting and being able to touch my knees finally!
-I have gotten confident enough to know when do up the weight on my workouts, in my first month I didn't move the weights up AT ALL.
-Not really workout related too much, but I went from wearing huge t-shirts and sweats to wearing size medium form fitting shirts and yoga pants or other tighter fitting bottoms.

Anyways, my diet isn't clean by any means, I still LOVE Taco Bell, I still eat chocolate and ice cream on a very regular basis, I just have cut down drastically on the serving sizes, especially with cheese and butter. The food still tastes just as good without the mass amounts of those :wink: I'm starting to get a lot more confidence in myself in how I look and in myself as a person. Anyways, just wanted to share my progress so far, will still have more to come!

FYI: I picked an outfit that was pretty tight and not flattering so that it would show everything better and I'd be able to still wear it for my last sets of pictures(probably).

7f8334cc-1b62-4734-843b-008601e06e85.jpg

ETA- I went from 153.4 to 146.4 in these pictures. The first is from Oct. 5 and the second set is from Nov. 8

Replies

• DasGoff
    Options
    Woohoo!!! You look great!! Keep up the good work, I can't wait to start seeing similar results! ^_^
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,222 MFP Moderator
    Options
    You are doing great, sweetie! I"m a fellow 'non-clean' eater. I just tend to eat more healthy than non-healthy stuff now, and like you - the portions of 'crap' food are smaller than before. Plus, before, all I ate was crap food. It's still working for me (over 30 lbs down so far). You look great!
  • kkmalay
    kkmalay Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Well done!! love how your fitness has increased so fast, its amazing isn't it. We have the same start weight and goal, all the best for the rest of your journey, you've soooo got this :)
  • janer4jc
    janer4jc Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Wonderful that you're seeing progress - and especially that you're feeling progress. Keep up the good work.
  • justsarah07
    justsarah07 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Keep up the good work. I have roughly around the same amount to lose as you, you're not alone!
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone :) I was kind of surprised to see the difference that just a month had made in my appearance. I'm pretty excited to see where I'll be a month from now and so on! Good luck to all of you as well, feel free to add me, I'm always looking for new friends :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!