I need a support system!

I've tried to stick with eating healthy multiple times and I don't have any luck. Maybe if I have a good support system eating healthy with me things would be easier. I'm a 20 year old college student with a ten year old living in the house with me. Any suggestions on healthy meals that a ten year old would like would be super helpful as well. Thanks in advance (:

Replies

• hey darling i know exactly what you mean. i have tried to hard to loose weight but i keep putting it on. a few of my friends have tried atkins and lost alot of weight on it . its my first day without carbs and its going well. if you have a ten year old make pasta but the whole grain one. cook salads with nice chicken and stuff. i believe in you.
  • hallie486
    hallie486 Posts: 3 Member
    Thank you so much! I'm just ready for a change. Good luck on your journey. I know you'll do awesome.
  • 2dare2dream
    2dare2dream Posts: 104 Member
    hey sweety, dont be discouraged, you know the old saying "if at first you dont succeed, try try again". I can totally sympathise with you, having a 9yr old active son who has a healthy appetite can be difficult with will power. i have tended to minimise my calorie intake while he as at school and save the main of them for when he is home. ive also been encouraging him to cook with me and he has enjoyed burgers just the same but these ones are made at home with turkey mince and what ever seasoning you like, also homemade pizza on a thin dough base , you can have a healthier topping .. With winter upon us i have also been making lots of soup etc. if he does want something you dont want to be tempted to eat then just make enough for him and get him to help you control this by keeping you company in kitchen and give him the new job of food spy for mom lol that way if you tempted he can remind you or better still .. give him small monetary token for each time he catches you snacking not on healthy options lol
    whatever you decide to do .. good luck in your venture