Goal Weight Bucket List

Options
Hi!

For a very long time, I have had to sit back and watch people do stuff because of my size. Now that I have lost a lot of weight (112 lbs as of this posting) I decided to create a "bucket list" so to speak of things I want to be able to do as I am getting to my goal weight or when I actually hit my goal weight.

Some of the things on my list are just things I want to do as a 'treat' to myself for working so hard to lose this weight.

I am curious if anyone else has does this and what kind of things/goals they have set.

Just a few of the things I want to do are......

Walk a 5K
Run a 5K
Hike to the top of the bluffs at Devils Lake WI
Zip Line
Parasail

Replies

• rileyhall00
    Options
    Hey,

Just have a couple;

Play basketball again - Already getting this 'ball' rolling with a local summer comp.
    Do Tough Mudder (http://toughmudder.com/) - Again looking into this, there is a local one 8months away i'd like to do.
    Do a half marathon - Working my way up to running so many km's, slowly getting there.

Cheers,
    Riley
  • corinnelapolt
    Options
    Love this! Me too!

On my bucket list is....
    - Kayak
    - zipline
    - 5k Obstacle Course (9/14/13)
    - Run a 5K
    - Learn to ski
    - Learn to ice skate

:)
  • l0sing_it
    Options
    Hi there! Congratulations on our weight loss journey so far! You have come a long way and I am sure you will get to your goals you have set!

My bucket list would be this:

Run a 5 k
    Run a marathon of 25+ miles
    Sky diving over the ocean
    Hike down and back up the Grand Canyon

:) Good luck to you!
  • LostButterfly
    LostButterfly Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Some pretty great goals. :)
  • LostButterfly
    Options
    I checked off one of my items on the list.... Hike to the top of the bluffs at Devils Lake WI

It was amazing and so worth it!
  • beachbebe
    beachbebe Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Back in my 40's I put running a Marathon by age 55 on my bucket list. I am signed up for Route 66 Marathon that is one week before my 55th birthday. Just re-started MFP to drop 20 more lbs by race day. When I joined MFP in 2012 my bucket list included running a Marathon in my 80's. What's age got to do with it?
  • LostButterfly
    Options
    That is wonderful. Someday I will check that off my bucket list. I would love to hear how you do wtih the marathon. Good luck! :)
  • hogglea10
    Options
    Run a 5K -- though I'm still stumped at the idea of ever running even just a mile all at once!
    Parasailing
    Hot air balloon ride
    zipline
    skydive
    hike the high peaks of the Adirondack Mountains in NY
    hike the Appalachian trail
    scuba dive
    bike the Erie canal
    take ballroom dancing lessons

But as someone who has lost 140 pounds so far, I'll tell you I'm just so so so happy to be able to do things I thought I'd never be able to do... keeping up with my 3 year old niece, bending over easily, walking up stairs and hills without feeling like passing out, fitting into narrow spaces, not having to worry about weight limits on outdoor furniture, breaking free of my sugar and carbs addictions... the list is long! :) Still have a ways to go, though, so I'm always having to keep that carrot dangling in front of me of things I want to do but can't do yet. They'll happen.
  • snoopy9014
    snoopy9014 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey,

Just a couple on my list

Wear a two piece bikini -feeling comfortable (never wore one in my whole life)
    Hiking
    5k run without stopping to get air every 5seconds
    Sparta run or a tough mudder

Yep my main 4
  • bethannien
    bethannien Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Run a 5k
    Run a 10k
    Find the PERFECT jeans
    Learn to surf
  • mohanty401
    Options
    Just one item on my bucket list

Fit in to a nice sexy body con dress :)
  • LostButterfly
    Options
    great bucket lists :)

I recently went on a ride at a theme park which I was to big to do in the past. It was great.
    I also did the rope course they had. Well I did some of it. It is about 20 feet high and my fear of falling got the best of me.
    Again this was something I couldnt do in the past because of my size.

Keep up the great work everyone.
  • MistakenAngel
    Options
    Backpack through Europe,maybe this summer.
  • DigitalDiana
    DigitalDiana Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    So the reason for my weight loss.... being able to hike up ( and down) Machu Pichu - the Inca trail in Peru...once I'm retired.
    Our goals have changed much over the year...I have 8 months left 'till retirement...however, just the thought of being fit enough to do this means that other things I'd like to accomplish are within reach.
  • fishermanmatt
    fishermanmatt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I started with a lot of weight to lose. I still have 130 to reach my goal. I set goals and rewards along the way to keep me motivated and mix things up a bit.

My first goal was to lose 50 pounds. My reward was to join another gym and start lifting weighs.

My second goal was 100 pounds lost. My reward was to get a bike and start cycling.

My third goal was 150 pounds lost with a reward of running shoes and a C25k program. I'm thinking of signing up for my first 5k later this month that the local hockey team is involved with. Go Checkers!

I've always wanted to learn to white water kayak. I'm working to be down under 300 pounds by spring. I'm lucky to live near the US Whitewater Center and plan to take lessons as,well as their weekly kayak classes next spring.

I want to do a mud run. I'm assembling a group for the Warrior Dash in May of next year. I also met up with some old high school friends at my 20 year reunion two weeks ago and we're planning on doing the Tough Mudder.

Lastly, my ultimate goal weight is 220 pounds. I chose this weigh because the limit for a tandem skydive is 225. I've never even been on a plane and I'm scared of heights, but I plan on exiting my first plane ride in the air.
  • nikkylyn
    nikkylyn Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Do the splits
    Crank out 10 unassisted pull ups
    Walking handstand
    Run a 5k
    Tough mudder
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I've not really thought of them as a bucket list, but here are three things I plan to do in the next 6 months that I couldn't have done before.

1) Complete a 1000 ft elevation change hike with my Boy Scout for his hiking merit badge. (Proud moment when the other leaders said they knew I was fit enough to be part of the leadership group for this.)

2) Bike the Creeper Trail with my Cub Scouts and any of the Boy Scouts who decide to come along.

3) Hike the Appalachian Trail near my home. (This will be a weekend camping/hiking trip with my husband and may get put off until June so that school is out and one kid is a Scout camp, leaving my adult child less to be concerned with staying with two of her brothers.)
  • RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Run a HM in 2014.
  • AccioFitness
    AccioFitness Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    This is a great post! :D I still have a ways to go before I'm at my goal weight, but I have a few things on my Healthy Me Bucket List already:

Go on a 10+ mile hike
    Go on a multi-day hiking/camping trip with my family
    To run a 5k Color Run
    Do a Mud Run/Tough Mudder
    To run a Zombie 5k
    Visit Las Vegas again, but this time with the spoons to walk it and enjoy it
    Try sky diving
    Go to Dragon*Con and be able to enjoy it properly

There will likely be more to add to this list, but this is certainly a good place to start :D
  • kayla_who
    kayla_who Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    -learn Parkour
    -horseback riding lessons
    -Gumdo classes