I'll expect you to push me and in turn i'll push you

Options
This whole weight loss business is like a goddamned cycle repeating itself over and over again in my life. Id lose a good 15 lbs and then give up and put back on 15 lbs or more but this time i want to stick to it and i think ill need some pushing and nudging whenever i fall back. Ive had enough of this body, of this disgusting weight holding me back from everything i love. i can't ever remember having a flat stomach. i dont ever remember going shopping without coming back home and bawling like a little girl. But now I've got my facts straight , i just bought myself a new treadmill, and Ive drawn up a schedule to work out by. i want to lose at least 30 lbs by my birthday which falls in the beginning of February. If anybody knows of any good programs by which i can walk on the treadmill, please let me know. So if you want motivation and will give me motivation please add me or leave a message and ill add you.

Replies

• Cedura
    Cedura Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I know couch to 5k gets you walking and eventually running. I just do not know how well it works on a treadmill.

I have tons of time to motivate though so feel free to add me!
  • Guinivere
    Guinivere Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Nothing tastes as good as being HEALTHY feels....
  • tamtam314
    Options
    Hello Angela.

I am all too familiar with the defeat you are talking about. I do well, then I fall off the wagon. I have to pick myself up and I lose again but then I put it back on. So, I am like you. I want to be pushed and held accountable. I am too easy on myself- which makes all of this way too easy to give up on. But, this time I am not going to quit. The best advice I can give you is to eat when you are hungry- that is it. People tend to eat 3 times a day because they were programmed to. But if you aren't hungry, you are just taking in calories that you don't really need. So, only eat when you are hungry and when you eat, make sure it is something your body can actually use- i.e. nothing that came out of a box. Good luck to you and all of us.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Park the treadmill in front of the TV, put on ( or tune into) a good movie and make sure you walk at a good pace for the whole two hours.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    This whole weight loss business is like a goddamned cycle repeating itself over and over again in my life. Id lose a good 15 lbs and then give up and put back on 15 lbs or more but this time i want to stick to it and i think ill need some pushing and nudging whenever i fall back. Ive had enough of this body, of this disgusting weight holding me back from everything i love. i can't ever remember having a flat stomach. i dont ever remember going shopping without coming back home and bawling like a little girl. But now I've got my facts straight , i just bought myself a new treadmill, and Ive drawn up a schedule to work out by. i want to lose at least 30 lbs by my birthday which falls in the beginning of February. If anybody knows of any good programs by which i can walk on the treadmill, please let me know. So if you want motivation and will give me motivation please add me or leave a message and ill add you.
    The first thing you have to ask yourself is why you keep falling off the wagon. I yo-yo dieted for years too, and in my case it was because I was always 'dieting' and depriving myself... I'd make myself do a crap ton of cardio, cut out junk food, fast food, try and eliminate sugar, go low fat, blah blah, blah.... So, of course I couldn't stick too it. I'd binge on chips or chocolate bars, feel like a failure and give up. Now, I've learned that NO foods are 'junk' and that some are just more calorie dense than others, so I include ALL foods in moderation and never feel deprived. I've lost 123lbs (30 before starting on here) I have ice cream everyday, stay active, lift weights and eat plenty. Start at the beginning, calculate your calorie and macro targets with a reasonable deficit to suit your goals, but one that is also sustainable. These are excellent reads to get you started.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

http://impruvism.com/flexible-dieting-basics/
  • AngelaKaraseva
    Options
    thankyou :) il look into that program
  • AngelaKaraseva
    Options
    Hello Angela.

I am all too familiar with the defeat you are talking about. I do well, then I fall off the wagon. I have to pick myself up and I lose again but then I put it back on. So, I am like you. I want to be pushed and held accountable. I am too easy on myself- which makes all of this way too easy to give up on. But, this time I am not going to quit. The best advice I can give you is to eat when you are hungry- that is it. People tend to eat 3 times a day because they were programmed to. But if you aren't hungry, you are just taking in calories that you don't really need. So, only eat when you are hungry and when you eat, make sure it is something your body can actually use- i.e. nothing that came out of a box. Good luck to you and all of us.

Im planning on doing exactly that, eat only when im hungry and keep myself busy the rest of the time :)
  • AngelaKaraseva
    Options
    The first thing you have to ask yourself is why you keep falling off the wagon. I yo-yo dieted for years too, and in my case it was because I was always 'dieting' and depriving myself... I'd make myself do a crap ton of cardio, cut out junk food, fast food, try and eliminate sugar, go low fat, blah blah, blah.... So, of course I couldn't stick too it. I'd binge on chips or chocolate bars, feel like a failure and give up. Now, I've learned that NO foods are 'junk' and that some are just more calorie dense than others, so I include ALL foods in moderation and never feel deprived. I've lost 123lbs (30 before starting on here) I have ice cream everyday, stay active, lift weights and eat plenty. Start at the beginning, calculate your calorie and macro targets with a reasonable deficit to suit your goals, but one that is also sustainable. These are excellent reads to get you started.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

http://impruvism.com/flexible-dieting-basics/

Thats exactly what ive been doing and trying to change :) thanks for the links