New to this from the UK, 10lb to lose - help!

Options
Hey :)

I'm 27, 5'4 and a half (the half is important people!) from Southampton.

I weigh about 63kg, and I'd like to lose about 4 of that by the end of January.

I appreciate that this may be less than some of you have to go, but I'd really appreciate some support and any hints or tips as I've felt unhappy with my appearance for a whole now and have never had the motivation to address it properly until now.

My worry is that if I don't address it now my weight will continue to creep up and I Will find it difficult to sort out.

I already do quite a lot of exercise, my big problem is my diet. I'm an extremely fussy eater and have bad snacking habits, I love sugar and any junk food. Some terrible learnt eating habits mean that I can happily Polish off a packet of biscuits in a sitting so it's definitely my food I need to address. I'm hoping to banish some of these bad habits and learn some new habits for life.

In terms of exercise, I'm lucky that I have a gym at work and so am able to do classes (usually spin or spin circuits) on a daily basis, so whilst I'm open to more ideas, I really know that it's what I'm putting in my tummy that is what needs to change.
Does anyone else have the same amount to go? Please get in touch if so.

Thanks for your time :) em

Replies

• FHelenD
    FHelenD Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Completely makes sense that you're tackling it now before leaving it too late :) I'm about 2-3 years past the 'tackle it now' point - I'm 23 and finished uni last year but have piled on about 2 stone since just before starting uni (had heart surgery just before uni which made it difficult to exercise). Have lost about 7lb in the last 4 weeks and hoping to lose about 10-12lb more before xmas :) Feel free to add me!x
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    you can add me i have more then 10 pounds to lose i'm a picky eater. my self i say cute down the suger add more fruits and veg. and your meat =protein and lots of water welcome to mfp
  • Newbeginnings46
    Newbeginnings46 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm in uk also and have 4 lbs to go. I'm like you and love sugar. Would prefer to only eat veg or soup so that I can eat a choc bar etc. feel free to add me.
  • snailrunner
    snailrunner Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5ft 4 and started this in Feb weighing 63.7kg (10st 1). My initial goal was 8st 10 but I've been sitting around 51-52kg easily for the last four months. I did 5:2 (lost 8lbs in first three weeks) and a lot of running, I'm now running for an hour comfortably about 4 times a week. I have gone from size 12 to 6/8. Happy to be your MFP friend if you'd like some support!