75 day commitment challenge

Options

Replies

• parkerkd406
    Options
    Count me in too! I'm always down for a challenge. Good Luck everyone!
  • angie007az
    angie007az Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I'm actually committed until June. Anyone can feel free to add me as a friend too. We can do this!
  • laurajune72
    laurajune72 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Update- it is so hard to ONLY get on the scale one time per week- maybe need to have the fiance hid it? need to get up on the sweater dryer. I hear that it doubles as an elliptical. We shall see.
  • acoustictones
    Options
    Starting my new routine for November this week (like to mix it up and keep things interesting).

I was running 5-6, sometimes 7 days a week (I like running), but am now devoting Mon, Wed & Friday to Strength training, and then cardio on Tues, Thurs and Saturday (mixing it up with some running, HIIT workouts & jump rope). Just wanting to throw my body some curve balls and have fun :)

I have been doing strength workouts, but was just fitting them in here and there. They are now a full part of my workout schedule. It should be fun to see how the change affects my numbers over the next month compared to the last two months.

So my progress thus far has been as follows - First week of September verses first week of November:

Height: 5'7"
    Weight: 172 to 157.5 - Goal of 155
    Waistline: 39 to 35 - Goal of 32
    Body fat %: 32 to 24 - Goal of 10
    Muscle %: ?? to 36.4 - Goal 40-44+ (Still figuring this one out)
    Running: Couldn't jog a full 1-2 miles without walking at least half of it, but now able to run at a real nice pace (between 7-8 MPH) for 60 minutes on the treadmill, with incline intervals, without any walking. Huge performance difference for me.

So not where I want to be, but the progress is there, and muscle % has been increasing as well. I'm primarily tracking my body fat, muscle % and waistline for my primary progress and goals. I have been using the OMRON HBF-516 scale, and it's been a god send so that I'm not just focusing on my weight.

What I've done so far to get results:

1) Drink a gallon of water per day and take a multivitamin
    2) Eat clean and stay away from the "great white hazards" (processed foods, wht flour, sugars, etc. - non-whole grain)
    3) Track what I eat here. It has done a lot to help me understand how things really add up
    4) Exercise. Tons of running and eliptical work, push-ups, body-weight squats, dips, some basic weights, etc.
    5) Go to bed a bit earlier to ensure I'm getting at least 6-7 hours of sleep per night (would like more, but it just doesn't happen)

I hope some of that helps update where I'm at. I love hearing how everyone else is doing. Keep up the good work!!!
  • kkhchicago
    Options
    I am in - just started mfp again today - what a great way to get this rolling!!
  • gaminaltime
    gaminaltime Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Count me in !

My goals are

- drink 8 cups of water
    - stay within the MFP calorie limit
    - burn 600 calories at gym for 5 days a week

Good luck everyone ! I will starting from tomorrow !
  • gaminaltime
    Options
    Logging in my first day challenge accomplishments !

- drink 8 cups of water DONE !
    - stay within the MFP calorie limit DONE !
    - burn 600 calories at gym for 5 days a week Not :(

I need to really push myself to the gym tomorrow .

How r everybody else doing ? I see no entries here ??!!
  • LadyTest
    LadyTest Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have finally gotten my head on straight and I am renewing my focus on my health tomorrow so count me in for the rest of the challenge. I am looking for motivational/accountability friends too.
  • MistakenAngel
    Options
    I'd love to join:)
    75 days sticking to my current calorie goal and avoiding sugar and caffeine like the plague.
  • kbinport
    kbinport Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good plan. I have just started using MFP and hope tracking my food and exercise here will help me start the long journey of losing 100 plus pounds. My first mini-goal is to lose 15 pounds so my winter jeans (size 24!) from last year are not tight on me! This will take us to January 25. About 10 weeks.....My goal is to be as close to a previous goal I set a few weeks back to be 260 lb. by my birthday on Feb 9 and joining all of you on this challenge could really help me!!!!

So, for the next 75 days I will:

Walk 30-60 minutes every day
    Work out with an exercise video 2 or 3 times each week
    Add up my calories everyday and try to stay around 1500 cal. / day
    Read my inspirational books each night such as "Made to Crave" etc.
    Cut back on bread and other carbs
    Eat 5 or more veggies/fruits each day
    Take the time each day to refocus on my successes, shortcomings and goals
  • Slusher82
    Slusher82 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Is it too late I wanna join
  • gaminaltime
    Options
    @Slusher82 the more the merrier :)

Good luck to all others out there !!
  • gaminaltime
    Options
    I wanted to mention that ever since I started this challenge I ve been seeing a difference in my weight loss... Before it was none at all, possibly because I was nt committed enough and dint stick to the regimen.

I have also noticed that it works better for me if I enter the food diary before start of the day and push myself to stick to it. This way I don't fall of the wagon and I have made sure that staying within the calorie limits.

- drink 8 cups of water DONE !
    - burn 600 calories at gym for 5 days a week No again !!

I have been trying to work on my diet right now and bring it under control before I start hitting the gym. I m already starting to see changes in the scale by keeping my calorie limit. I m sure it would be more efficient if I exercised. I m planning to continue to do so in another 3 days. Can't wait to start it :):)
  • KADouble88
    Options
    count me in accountability is key in this all. add me if you so wish
  • sophiauoa
    Options
    Hi! I'm also in. I want to log everything I eat, limit my daily calories intake, drink 8 glasses of water and work out at least 4 times a week.
    Good luck to everyone here :-)
  • beccagood95
    beccagood95 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    As of tomorrow I will:

- Stick to my calorie limit
    -Drink 8 glasses of water
    - Make sure I do at least 10 minutes of walking every day
    -Make sure I go for a run/swim/intense cardio workout once a week!
  • MamaG1313
    MamaG1313 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    COUNT ME IN!!!

My plan for 75 days...

- workout 6/week
    - Reduce sugar and carbs intake
    - Lose 20 pounds
    - Finish insanity again

Any one can add me :)
  • DeeLady88
    DeeLady88 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm in as well!

Joining a bit late but still motivated.
    I will:
    1. Track everything I eat for 75 days
    2. Stick to 1400 calories a day and limit my carb intake to 50g 3 times a week
    3. Exercise at minimum 4 times a week - I am paying that gym membership for a reason
    4. Have no more than 1 cheat day a week
    5. Limit alcohol to the weekend.

I have 50 lbs to lose at least! My waist is currently 39 and my hips, 48.

Anyone can add me.
  • Slusher82
    Slusher82 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Well starting today I'm cutting back drinking more water exchanging starch for veggies and include daily exercise from 15-30 minutes
  • gaminaltime
    Options
    - drink 8 cups of water NO ! I dint really kep track today . May 4 to 5 cups.
    - burn 600 calories at gym for 5 days a week ! No, I dint go to gym today but. I worked out at home... Must be around 100 calories.