Ideas using apples

Options
JourneyingJessica
JourneyingJessica Posts: 261 Member
I have 5 apples i need to use up. Any ideas? They're kinda bland but i don't want to throw away. Yeah I'm cheap lol.

Replies

• lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Homemade applesauce in the crockpot. Peel, chop, add a little water, cinnamon, vanilla, cook on low for a 4-5 hours.
  • Spaghetti_Bender
    Spaghetti_Bender Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Thinly cut up two apples, put them in the bottom of a water pitcher, then add two cinnamon sticks, fill pitcher halfway with ice, then add water. Let it sit ten minutes before serving.......................................and you have a nice tasting de-tox drink.
  • cc918
    cc918 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My favorite way to eat apples is to chop one up into cubes, place into a bowl, add about a tablespoon of water, then microwave for about 4 minutes. I take it out of the microwave and usually add cinnamon or peanut butter, or both! It's delicious and so easy to prepare. Try it out :)
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,703 Member
    Options
    Peel core, sprinkle with lemon or lime to prevent browning, then freeze. You can figure out what you want to do with them later.
  • Satiable
    Satiable Posts: 121
    Options
    #1 - Peel, dice finely, add 1 tbsp water & microwave until tender. Stir in sweetener and cinnamon, then serve on top of oatmeal.
    #2 - Slice, and use the slices like an edible spoon to eat yoghurt with.
    #3 - Cut into 8 wedges and top each one with cheese, peanut butter, spices or bacon.
    #4 - Chop into cubes and add it to a coleslaw or Caesar salad.
    #5 - Frozen appletini. Blend 1 peeled apple, 1/4 cup water and sugar/sweetener. Freeze in an ice cube tray. When ready to drink, add 1 shot of gin and 1 shot of vermouth, blend again, and serve.

= 5 apples, gone!
  • JourneyingJessica
    Options
    My favorite way to eat apples is to chop one up into cubes, place into a bowl, add about a tablespoon of water, then microwave for about 4 minutes. I take it out of the microwave and usually add cinnamon or peanut butter, or both! It's delicious and so easy to prepare. Try it out :)

Y'all are wonderful!!!!! Thank you!!! I tried that one ^ tonight it was awesome. Like apple pie!

Im sure ill have a chance to try the rest, i keep apples around all the time.
  • cc918
    cc918 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Glad you liked it :)
  • MommaChocoLatte
    MommaChocoLatte Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I chopped em up and put them in a salad and also they are good in chicken salad.
  • Freaky_kittie
    Freaky_kittie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Sweet 'n Red Hot Apple Mash from Hungry Girl

PER SERVING (heaping 1/2 cup): 121 calories, 1g fat, 63mg sodium, 30g carbs, 2.5g fiber, 23.5g sugars, 0.5g protein -- PointsPlus® value 3*
    So hot yet soooo coool... This stuff is fantastic as a side dish, snack, or tasty dessert! Mmmmmmm...

Ingredients:
    8 Fuji apples, peeled, cored, and cut into chunks
    3 tbsp. Red Hots cinnamon-flavored candies
    1 tbsp. light whipped butter or light buttery spread (like Brummel & Brown), room temperature
    1/2 tbsp. lemon juice
    1 tsp. vanilla extract
    1 tsp. cinnamon
    1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
    1/8 tsp. salt

Directions:
    Place apples and Red Hots in a crock pot.

In a small bowl, combine all other ingredients. Add 2 tbsp. water and mix well. Pour mixture over the contents of the crock pot, and stir to coat.

Cover and cook on high for about 4 hours or on low for 7 - 8 hours, until apples have softened and candy has dissolved.

Stir well and serve!

MAKES 6 SERVINGS
  • JourneyingJessica
    Options
    Thank you!! thank you!!!