Hello There (intro post)

Hello all,

I have decided to come to MFP on the recommendation of several others people I know and I have already found a wealth of information that is very useful, but I figured the opportunity to interact with some folks that are in the same boat as me would be even better than simply reading.

Little about me: mid 20's and I work full time as a software developer. It goes without saying that I have little in the way of physical activity at work, and I got into the terrible tendency of eating out a great deal on my lunch breaks and snacking on crap while at my desk. I have actually been on a fitness kick for the last 94 days (yes, I keep track) and I thought this place would be an excellent opportunity to streamline my efforts. A little over 3 months ago I had reached the highest weight of my life at 315 pounds and I finally decided that enough was enough. I have been going pretty hardcore on cardio. I do 60 min during the week after work and I do "2 a days" on the weekends. I am now down to 265 and have cut 4 1/2 inches off my waist. I am now wearing clothing that my parents had left over at their house that I have not wore since undergrad.

As far as diet, I adhere to a lo-carb/keto typed approach, which seems to be effective for me so far. On most work days, I skip breakfast in favor of a zero carb/sugar monster or rockstar drink, and I bring a salad with me from home to eat on my lunch break. My dinner after I get back from the gym normally consists of meat and a type of non-starchy vegetable. Their are 2 things that really suck about a keto diet in my view: #1- it does not take a very significant amount of time before it gets extremely boring. #2 It is very expensive buying meat all the time, so my grocery bills have skyrocketed. However, it has been effective for me, and the weight counties to come off, so I am not looking to switch it up anytime soon.

My goal weight is 200 pounds, which seemed almost unfathomable when I first got started on this journey, but now that I am off and running it seems much more attainable. I am sure there are tons of you out there who have words of wisdom that far exceed my own, which is why I wanted to make sure to post this introduction.

Oh, and before I close, you want to hear something rather odd? I have already lost 50 pounds since I began and not a single soul has mentioned a thing to me about it. The only person who has was my Mom on Skype about a week ago. Go figure.

I look forward to hearing from everyone as I continue along my path towards being a non-fat person :)

Replies

• Anselee
    Anselee Posts: 62 Member
    Congrats on your weight loss so far, feel free to add me I'm a daily logger :)