need some encouragment

Options
I started this program a week ago and lost 2 pounds the first week- this is my goal 1-2 pounds a week. I have been staying under my calories and exercising 30 mins a day 5-6 days a week( either walking or doing the wii or dvd's). We had a nurse here tonight to do a life insurance physical and the scale showed I gained the 2 pounds back. I usually weigh in on Friday mornings so I realize I should wait until then and then see what it says but still very disappointed to see that scale tonight. Also, I am wondering if my calories per day are too high. When I did the profile I put lighty active since I do home daycare and I am not sitting all day and I have started the 30 mins of excercising. Does this sound right to everyone?? It shows me at 1810 calories a day and I have been under everyday. I just hope Friday morning shows me something better. Thanks.

Replies

• Hippster30
    Options
    Don't get discouraged! Its probably just water weight; your weight will regularly fluctuate by +/- 2 lbs.
  • vickiele1
    vickiele1 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I strongly recommend that you disregard the weight this evening. If you have eaten or drank anything - it will show up as weight on you. I always weigh in first thing in the morning after I have urinated. It is the truest depiction of my weight. If I were to weigh myself right now after having eaten and drank a beverage, I would probably weigh about 2 lbs more than I really do. I am actually then weighing the equivalent of my weight and my food and drink - not a true reflection of my weight.

Blessings

Vickie
  • hotpickles
    hotpickles Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Was she using a different scale than you usually use? That could make a difference, depending on how they are calibrated.

L.
  • lynne_p
    lynne_p Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I agree with Vickie. If you weigh yourself first thing in the morning, after your morning bathroom run, that will show a truer indication of your weight.
  • Sharonbed4d
    Options
    I agree, don't get discouraged. Your weight fluctuates daily. I notice mine will go up if I have too much sodium the day before or if I don't drink enough water. Keep your chin up because you are doing great just by making the choice to get healthier!
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    To really compare you need to weigh yourself under the same conditions... time of day and type of clothing make a huge difference. Don't let it get you down, you are doing the right things and it will work!
  • marimba_girl
    Options
    I do the same thing. Women have it much harder. We retain water and our weight will fluctuate from minute to minute! Keep at it and be consistent. Pick a day once a week and weigh under the same conditions every time. You'll see the results.
    It took a long time for my body to get this way and it will take a long time for it to change.
  • jjustjo
    jjustjo Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    ditto what everyone else said! Don't give up....next week will be better. I promise!
  • ksnurse25
    ksnurse25 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    different scales weigh different!!! Like others have mentioned, weigh under the same conditions, same time of day, wearing the same thing. I always weight first thing in the morning after I pee.....and in my underwear...lol!
  • KAK68
    KAK68 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I weigh on Friday morning (naked) , usually after my shower. After she left, I did go weigh myself on my scale and it too showed a 2 pound gain- I did drink alot before she came because I knew I would have to pee in a cup for her- lol!! So, I am going to put down as water gain and keep at it- I do feel better and know I am doing something good for me. Thanks for replying- really appreciated.
  • vickiele1
    vickiele1 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I weigh on Friday morning (naked) , usually after my shower. After she left, I did go weigh myself on my scale and it too showed a 2 pound gain- I did drink alot before she came because I knew I would have to pee in a cup for her- lol!! So, I am going to put down as water gain and keep at it- I do feel better and know I am doing something good for me. Thanks for replying- really appreciated.

Try to think about it like this - if you weigh a bowl and it weighs 1 lb, but then you put 2 cups of water inside that bowl, it will weigh the 1lb plus the weight of the water. So, really don't think twice about all of this - your weight most likely didn't increase by 2 lbs - not your real weight at least.

Blessings

Vickie
  • islandghrl
    Options
    Do not get discouraged as when you exercise u also turn fat into muscle so it may appear at 1st u have put on but u are really building muscle. Bear through it. It did not come on over nite and will not magically disappear. Keep up the good wk you will see the results u desire real soon.