abdominal weight

Options
Hey Guys! I've lost a total of over 52 pounds I am now down to the last 10-15 around the belly area ( the hardest part) i'm 22 and I was just wondering with my weight training will I have lose skin from my weight loss? I've done it slowly over the past four years. But i'm just curious if my stomach will ever tighten up after I knock out the last bit since i am still fairly young.

Thanks!

-Ashlee

Replies

• Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    First, congratulations on your progress-- that's great. :D

I assume you have loose skin now then? Your age will definitely work for you, as your skin is more elastic. Drink plenty of water and take care of your skin with moisturizing creams...aloe vera, for instance. I've also heard people suggest a regular bath with sea salts and minerals.

It takes some time for skin to shrink back down (if it is indeed going to at all), but your age and the amount of weight you had to lose would make me think it'll take care of itself given a bit of time and care.
  • aboone211
    Options
    Thank you! I'm pretty sure it's not excess skin, i've done boot camp classes and talked to a few fitness professionals and they've all said its still some weight but its about losing the inches at this point. For some reason my last place for it to come have is my stomach. I appreciate the advice! makes me hopeful!

Thank you,

Ashlee