33 yrs old- Significant amount to lose- looking for support

Options
Hello. I would love to add new friends to support and be supported by. I am a 33-year-old wife and mother. I've been overweight for the majority of my life and I would love to lose at least 100lbs. I am hoping that if I have a contact with more people in a similar situation I will be more motivated and accountable.

A sense of humor is must! Losing weight is difficult enough so sharing a laugh is imperative!!! :happy:

Replies

• AusAshMommy
    AusAshMommy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Sending a Request! We can do this!
  • miz_ppyn
    miz_ppyn Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    request sent.
  • huskerm25
    Options
    You can friend me. I am new here and also in very similar situation. Would be great to help eachother in this journey. :flowerforyou:
  • beckyzalldat
    beckyzalldat Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    <<add me anyone...I know its hard I still have 100 more to go :)
  • LAS135
    Options
    Hi, I'm looking to lose about 80 lbs at least and could use some motivation myself. Will start checking in here regularly. I'd be interested in any tips people have to stay motivated in the exercise department. I find I do really well for a week or so then quickly taper off.
  • LAS135
    Options
    I'm in awe! 96 lbs lost - what an amazing accomplishment!
  • CaseyM1985
    CaseyM1985 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    The first step is deciding and committing to do it! You're already part of the way there :)

Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • Allyoopadoop
    Allyoopadoop Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am about 10 years older than you and have to lose the same amount. I log everyday. I am a graduate student nearing my final semester (and working on my big project) AND I am a mom supporting my son with disabilities through his undergraduate degree. My husband and eldest son live about 5 hours south of my son and I during the school year. I will be as supportive as I can be given my constraints! I know you can and will lose what you want to lose. Be honest with your food. Log it even when it is ugly. You can't know what you are doing unless you are logging what you eat. I wish you nothing but the best!
  • alechua
    alechua Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    you can do it! believe in yourself! btw, your daughter is sooo pretty!!!
  • truddy6647
    truddy6647 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I am 34 and still have over 100 pounds to lose. I understand how hard and what a struggle things can be when trying to lose weight I have struggled for as long as I can remember.
  • getting_fit_erin
    Options
    Wow! You guys are great! What amazing support already. It is so refreshing to find people in the same boat. I have a difficult time opening up to people about weight issues because I'd rather pretend I don't notice the weight.
  • k2phocas
    Options
    Hi Getting Fit,

I signed up a year ago but did nothing. I'm just getting started on here. I'd love to be able to support and encourage you in your weight loss journey. I've been slacking and trying to stay committed in eating better and exercise more. I'm just figuring this out.

K2phocas
  • mummalooga
    Options
    Hi there, i am 42 and have been on a mission since about May this year. So far have lost 18kgs in total and still wanting to drop another 15-20 before I am totally happy. More of a health issue than a wanna be super model issue for me..haha.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    I'm not a 33 year old wife I'm a 45 year old Husband. I still have a way to go feel free to add me.
  • sophiauoa
    Options
    Hi! I'm also new here and also need to loose a lot of weight. I've sent you a friend request
  • swet02
    swet02 Posts: 52
    Options
    add me too guys, 31 years old. wanted to become pregnant. :)
  • missie515513
    Options
    Hey - I am looking for friend too - feel free to add me!!
  • dehumanised1
    dehumanised1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    27 years old with nearly a hundred to lose - feel free to add me =)
  • JennaAnn25
    Options
    Looking for friends as well :) Feel free to add me!
  • BlueAngelChar
    BlueAngelChar Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    How you doing! I've lost 91llbs so far and feel great, still got a bit to go but I'm an active daily logger so feel free to add me!