Has anyone here tried low cal protein powder for weight loss

Options
Did it work? Were you able to stand the taste? What kind/brand did you try? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, lovelies! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• VCStarr
    VCStarr Posts: 155
    Options
    I use either slimfast powder or slimquick powder. The slimquick doesn't dissolve in the milk as well as the slim fast. But i don't drink it for weight loss really. I have no appetite in the morning. My belly gets upset if i try to get food in there within hours of getting up so i use those instead. They trick my belly into thinking its just a drink but there are vitamins. So I don't have it twice a day for weight loss or whatever it says. For me it doesn't make much of a difference regarding weight loss but its tastes yummy and gets breakfast in me :)
  • beethedreamer
    beethedreamer Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    i use Designer Whey protein powder. i don't know what you consider low calorie, but this powder is 100 calories for a generous scoop and 18 grams of protein; and it also only has 2 grams of sugar. The chocolate flavor tastes phenomenal.
  • toberlili
    Options
    i sent you info on the shakeology that i take, its all natural, vegan, probiotic, and lots of health benifits, its chocolate and taste heavenly :)
  • SarahNicole317
    SarahNicole317 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter if it is classified as 'weight loss shake'... just look for a low carb powder, which most are unless they are specifically pre-workout or weight gainers. Ready to drink shakes are full of crap that you don't need. Optimum nutrition or BSN are the best in my experience and from what I've heard from other people. Also, your shake should be about 100-150 calories if it's low calorie, low fat, and low carb.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I like the OhYeah brand, the vanilla is my favorite. It is 210 calories 32grams protein and 7 carbs. I use it as a meal replacement after working out.

http://www.ohyeahnutrition.com/products/powders/
  • brityn
    brityn Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Did it work? Were you able to stand the taste? What kind/brand did you try? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, lovelies! :flowerforyou:

ISO FLEX whey protein powder is great! I've had chocolate, chocolate peanutbutter, and vanilla and liked them all. PB is the best! Don't get the strawberry though! It's pretty bad. There's 118 calories, 1g. carbs, 27g. of protein.
  • jadorecouture
    jadorecouture Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks I will def. check that one out. :-)
  • jadorecouture
    Options
    Thanks for the info, doll!
  • jadorecouture
    Options
    i sent you info on the shakeology that i take, its all natural, vegan, probiotic, and lots of health benifits, its chocolate and taste heavenly :)
    I will looking into it, always on the look out for more natural and healthy choices! Thanks!
  • jadorecouture
    Options
    i use Designer Whey protein powder. i don't know what you consider low calorie, but this powder is 100 calories for a generous scoop and 18 grams of protein; and it also only has 2 grams of sugar. The chocolate flavor tastes phenomenal.
    Thanks, doll!
  • jadorecouture
    Options
    I use either slimfast powder or slimquick powder. The slimquick doesn't dissolve in the milk as well as the slim fast. But i don't drink it for weight loss really. I have no appetite in the morning. My belly gets upset if i try to get food in there within hours of getting up so i use those instead. They trick my belly into thinking its just a drink but there are vitamins. So I don't have it twice a day for weight loss or whatever it says. For me it doesn't make much of a difference regarding weight loss but its tastes yummy and gets breakfast in me :)
    Recently, I have been using slimfast (the canned drink) in the morning as a meal replacement. I have not tried the powder though. I will look into it. Thanks!
  • Texemgirl
    Texemgirl Posts: 142
    Options
    I LOVE my BSN Lean Dessert Protein powders ... Banana Cream Pudding and Chocolate Fudge Pudding. I get them through Netrition.com.