My One-Year-MFP-Aniversary

Options
Today I've logged 365 days. I'm so happy with what it brought me, what I've accomplished, how I already look and feel, even though I'm not done yet.
One year ago I wouldn't have thought I could ever reach this again. I've been overweight for a long time and my motivation was just about non-existent. I wanted to lose the weight but didn't think I could do it a second time (I've lost 30 kg. about 15 years ago but gained it all back and than some...)

But today I'm celebrating that I did it... I just started logging, one day at a time and within a few days I was already making better choises. I'm not doing anything 'special', don't exercise excessively, just taking it slow in a way I can do all my life. I do want to start working out more to tone my body but will have to find a good way (for me) to do that at home, since finances don't allow me to go to a gym. I did pick up Salsa dancing 2 months ago, dancing 2 or 3 times a week and that's both fun ánd a great workout.

So here are the stats: This is what 1 year MFP can do for you...

My startingweight was 114.5 kg = 252.4 lbs (this was not my absolute max, I've weighed 118 kg. earlier that year)
My current weight is 80.7 kg = 179.5 lbs

I didn't take my measurements when I started, the first measurements I took are from Januari this year.

Neck: januari 37 cm. ; now 33,5 cm.
Chest (below breasts): januari 104 cm. ; now 90 cm.
Waist: januari 115 cm. ; now 102 cm.
Hips: januari 123 cm. ; now 107.5 cm.
Upper arm: januari 32 cm. ; now 29 cm.
Upper leg: januari 65 cm. ; now 57.5 cm.

The funny thing is my weight isn't going off that fast anymore, in fact, I've lost only 2 kg. in the last 2 months, but I still lost a lot of cm. the last few months. So I'm still going strong, hope to get below 80 kg. before my birthday and than work hard to reach my first goal before springtime.

And this is how losing about 34 kg. looks like. The 'now' portrait is from August but not much different from how I look now (I think my face is just a little thinner now though), the pics in the blue shirt were taken today.

31849415_5048.jpgdkea.jpg

26112012z.jpgmzp9.jpg

26112012v.jpg2i83.jpg

Replies

• ravengal
    Options
    NIce work! I really like your outfit in the 2nd pic. - stylish!
  • DutchFrancis
    DutchFrancis Posts: 55 Member
    Options
  • tomthompson1
    tomthompson1 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Amazing story, they say it's not a 'diet' but a lifestyle change, you've done it, well done and congratulations, the pics are awesome!!
  • reddaddie
    reddaddie Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Good Job, Congratulations, you are an inspiration.
  • RachelRuns9
    RachelRuns9 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    congratulations!! you look great!
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,145 MFP Staff
    Options
    Happy Anniversary! Thank you for sharing your journey this part year and your amazing before and after picts - you look great!
  • DutchFrancis
    Options
    Thanks for the compliments everyone.
  • carlosapolinarioferreira
    Options
    Happy aniversery, you look amazing and I am pretty sure you feel it too.
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Nice job and yes u can really tell the difference. U look great !!
  • DutchFrancis
    Options
    Thanks, I dó feel great too! :)
  • Rocamor
    Options
    Happy anniversary! You can be very proud.

But hey, you wrote you do not excersise a lot, but in your excersise diary you can see that you do a lot. Every step, although it seems a small one, is a step. And several small steps make a walk....
  • DutchFrancis
    Options
    Thanks Rocamor and true, I do take the bike to the barn more often, I picked up Salsa dancing (which I really LOVE!) and I dance at least twice a week and go to a salsa-party at least once per month. When I walk the dog I try to keep up a brisk pase. I log less 'cause I have to stop to let my dog do his business, but they're still good walks.
    What I ment is that I don't go to a gym, nor do I follow some crazy DVD-fitness-programm like a lot of people do. I just try to make better choises, not only in food, but also in how I move. Taking stairs in stead of elevator, taking bike in stead of car, things like that...
    I hope to be able to go to a gym later, when money allows it again, 'cause I do want to tone my body more. Untill then I'm going to try to do excersises from you-tube, with the kettlebell and I want to try to find Brazil Butt-Lift video's on internet.
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Wow! This is very inspirational for me - thank you for sharing. You look awesome and I'm sure you feel better too!!
  • MissySpring
    MissySpring Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Nice work. You look lovely!
  • lenoresaari
    lenoresaari Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful!
  • svsl0928
    svsl0928 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! Looking Good - I love how you are taking it slow which I think helps to maintain in the long run.
  • lighteningjeanne855
    Options
    You've lost over 72 pounds in only 365 days.
    How marvelous!

Your bosom is more distinct,
    and I can see *collarbones* in your second set of photos.

Congratulations, and best wishes
    for the remainder of your Weight Loss Journey.
  • NickyDiam
    NickyDiam Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Congrats, you look great. Slow and steady wins the race, good luck with the rest of journey. You'll be at goal before you even know it!
  • boatsie77
    boatsie77 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Happy Anniversary & congrats! You look fabulous...i'm loving that sassy short haircut!
  • fpelletier
    fpelletier Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Great job and Happy 1 Year Anniversary!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!