Do you have..

Options
short term goals and long term goals ?

We all are here- and we all have the same focus- " get healthy and skinny " - yes- that's clear.

But did you set yourself those " mile stones "

are they just weight related ? what other type of motivational goals do you have ?

I'm asking because i want to know what else we can focus on - other than just weight loss- , that is important- but sometimes it just takes to long and if you don't get something happening " sooner " than the mercy of the scale- what than ?

So- what type of short and long term goals do you have set for yourself ?

Replies

• ginnyroxx
    ginnyroxx Posts: 763
    Options
    aaaaaaaah! I saw your avatar and seriously flinched.

Sorry for the thread jack. She's kicking my *kitten* every morning and I don't expect to see her glaring at me in the forums.

look at her....she wants to kick my *kitten* right now.

/jillian michaels threadjack
  • camaris
    camaris Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Aside from being healthy and fit, I am not overly fussed by weight...as long as it is muscle not fat. But, my dream goal is to have a six pack *sighs*
  • bosanka
    bosanka Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    :) heheh i know what you mean .. when i workout with her - i hate her for real .. and keep thinking " shut up you with your skinny- bones.. ( just read one of your comments on the 30day shred ) and have the same issue you have..

How in the world do they want us to jump when " stuff " is jumping??? i have to like hold it or something - keep thinking are there better bra's out there and i'm just not aware of them ??? And if yes probably cost radiculosly high...

Anyways- i keep her picture to motivate me and remind me .. but i understand what you mean :)
  • SouthernBell86
    SouthernBell86 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Yes, I find it helpful to set goals in relation to nutrition - like getting enough potassium everyday for a week, or fiber or something. Also I set goals related to exercise - be able to do so many reps by such and such a time, or run so far by some time.

When I first joined MFP my first goal was to exercise everyday for seven days in a row, and that was a great kick start!!! It didn't matter what I did, as long as it could be called exercise :)

Another thing you could set a goal for is water - a lot of people struggle with increasing their water intake, but setting it as a weekly goal can be a great way to increase your intake quickly :)
  • bosanka
    Options
  • bosanka
    Options
    Aside from being healthy and fit, I am not overly fussed by weight...as long as it is muscle not fat. But, my dream goal is to have a six pack *sighs*

On the picture you kinda look like a guy who has a 6 pack .. :)
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I have tons of goals.....mostly x amount of lbs lost by x date. My october goal was to not miss any of my workouts all month....so far so good.

I just make em up as I go along.

For eating I try to get in extra fiber every day, drink my water, keep my sodium down etc.
  • ginnyroxx
    Options
    actually tonight i wore my not so cute but supportive bra underneath my sports bra and did my zumba class w/ little bounce. and that is saying A LOT! i think that may be my ticket to jj's.
  • camaris
    camaris Posts: 36 Member
    Options

On the picture you kinda look like a guy who has a 6 pack .. :)

Haha thanks but I just picked the thinnest looking pic I could find. There is a six pack there...it's just hiding for now.
  • ArchyJill
    ArchyJill Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    For me the most effective goals have been related to running. Last year my goal was to finish a 5K, 10K, 1/2, and Full Marathon. This year my goal was to improve on my times. Thinking next year's goal will be to kick some a*s at those races! :tongue:
  • ginnyroxx
    Options
    mkay
    my short term goal is to feel confident enough to stand in the first line of people in my zumba class.
  • MsLisaB
    MsLisaB Posts: 256
    Options
    The thing that has really helped me stay on track with my exercise is that I have set a goal to complete at least 2 short-course triathlons this summer. I'm in Western Australia, so the Triathlon season runs from October to May. My deadline for the first one is is the 2XU Women's Tri on 6 March. I'd like to get one in before that but if I don't that race is a definite.
  • bosanka
    Options
    mkay
    my short term goal is to feel confident enough to stand in the first line of people in my zumba class.

Wow.. go for it. I love dancing but wouldn't be brave enough to do that .. i did that waaay ago- in my " skinny " days .. now i would not want to block everyone's view with my.. .. yeah.. :)
  • ginnyroxx
    Options
    mkay

Wow.. go for it. I would love to do that .. i probably did- waaay ago- in my " skinny " days .. now i would not want to block everyone's view with my.. .. yeah.. :)
    oh they're going to have to peer around me
    for a little while at least ;)
  • kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I like fitness goals. I run so I like to have a race in mind or a workout in mind that I want to accomplish. For me it is more fun and a healthier approach to focus on fitness than on weight as I have gone down an unhealthy avenue as far as weight is concerned in my past. Fitness seems a more balanced approach for me.