Getting back "on the wagon"...

Options
ok..so it's been like a million years since I've logged on. I have a very physical job in the summer so I didn't find it necessary to exercise all that much or even log my food. now that i'm laid off for the winter, I thought it would be good to start working out again. I started the Brazil butt lift workout...I FEEL LIKE SUCH A FAILURE!!! I couldn't even get through the 1st 30 min. "Bum Bum" workout
:( I mean I thought I was in shape! this sucks!! HELP!!!!

Replies

• sfields029
    sfields029 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm getting back on the wagon as well. I continued to workout while I wasn't logging in but now with the holidays I am over eating and starting to gain!! Hahn I need a supportive group to keep accountable and call me out when I don't log!!!
  • lynnette2003
    lynnette2003 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    well good!!! we can cheer each other on then!:smile:
  • graebnerkm15
    graebnerkm15 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I too am trying to get back on the wagon :) I'm excited to start back up. In April of 2012, I was doing awesome but then I fell off the wagon after I got engaged. I have recently started being motivated again after realizing that I feel like a stuffed sausage in my jeans. I am at my highest weight ever and ready to turn that around. I have a very stressful job (child protective services/juvenile delinquents) and have a tendency to eat my feelings. Not a good combo!!

Lets kick some *kitten*!!!
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    I lost the weight and maintained for 9 months. Then in May, I started sitting outside, having a glass of wine that turned into 2 and 3 and then a bottle a night. I did this almost every day through the summer. Drinking made me get the munchies and eat. In October, I found myself up 10 lbs. I stopped and got back on wagon over a week ago. I have not lost lbs but... the clothes are fitting better. I am small so every lb counts. 10 lbs is 10% of my body weight!!!

I found that I am a black and white person. I need discipline. I have to weigh myself every day - very controversial but it keeps me from shoving things into my mouth as I have to face the scale in the morning. I log onto MFP and put in food and exercise. I read these motivational posts to get ready for the day.

This works for me and I don't want to have to buy bigger size clothes ever again.

We can do this.
  • ckasap
    ckasap Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm also getting back on! Slowly but trying!
  • tinytotnot
    tinytotnot Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hiya all,

I keep trying to get back on the wagon, but keeping failing, I have plenty of reasons to nned to lose the weight... 15 month old twins and a pending partial thyroidectomy, don't have the support network at home, so need to look elsewhere, hopefully you can all help me out :smile:
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    At least you didn't gain a ton of weight. I thought I was doing really well doing water aerobics and walking but then I started doing the Runtastic Six Pack and my abs were killing me. It was only a 7 minute quick workout and I was in pain. The problem is I was engaging muscles that I never use too much. You can do it just keep going and give yourself a day or so between to heal those muscles.
  • lvitsa
    lvitsa Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm working on getting back on the wagon, too. I managed to lose 23 pounds this year, but I've gained at least 10 back (I haven't wanted to weigh myself for a few weeks, so I'm sure it's up a bit more than that).

I do think that although I've gained, I'm not quite as angry at myself as I have been in the past. I feel better about myself and my body (although I'm not exactly happy with its state) than I did when I was previously at this weight. On the other hand, I got rid of all my "fat" clothes, and I don't have as many things I can wear now, so I'm pretty down about that.

I'm working on a plan: work out at least 20 minutes 4 times a week and start logging my food again. I need to allow myself some "splurge" meals (I'm thinking about 2 splurges per week, out of 21 meals).

Good luck to everyone!
  • koridoobah
    koridoobah Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I can relate. I went almost the whole summer without logging in either. I ended up losing my job and going back to school so now I am not nearly as active as I used to be that it is for sure. Now, its time to jump back on that wagon before it leaves me in the dust. If you need support, feel free to add me. I am working on logging in everyday and could use that motivation in return. (this offer goes for anyone) best of luck! :drinker:
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    I'm working on getting back on the wagon, too. I managed to lose 23 pounds this year, but I've gained at least 10 back (I haven't wanted to weigh myself for a few weeks, so I'm sure it's up a bit more than that).

I do think that although I've gained, I'm not quite as angry at myself as I have been in the past. I feel better about myself and my body (although I'm not exactly happy with its state) than I did when I was previously at this weight. On the other hand, I got rid of all my "fat" clothes, and I don't have as many things I can wear now, so I'm pretty down about that.

I'm working on a plan: work out at least 20 minutes 4 times a week and start logging my food again. I need to allow myself some "splurge" meals (I'm thinking about 2 splurges per week, out of 21 meals).

Good luck to everyone!

This is ME!!! I lost 26 lbs and did get back on scale and started back on track. It is coming off.
  • Jennifer076
    Jennifer076 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I am jumping back on as well. I have pretty much went from June until now w/o logging. I have gained about 5lbs back probably in the last month or so. I look back a year ago when I first started this and think of how awful I felt then, and even though I weigh less, I don't want to feel like that again!!! I figure if I do the same thing now as I did a year ago, hopefully I can loose another 30+ lbs and keep it off. So Hip Hop Abs here I come. Good luck to you all. Send me a friends request if you would like!!!
  • lynnette2003
    lynnette2003 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! so encouraging! Thank you girls for sharing your stories with me! Lets all do this!!! Lets kick some major BUTT!!:happy: