Exceeded food intake for the day...

Options
So today is day 15 since I first started logging into MFP and I ended up going out to Red Lobster for my mom's birthday. I have to admit that I didn't go by any guidlines today but that's the only meal I had for the day. I do feel bad about it...but can one day really ruin everything I've worked so hard for? I hope not but I'd really like some input!

Replies

• cwalsh
    cwalsh Posts: 1
    Options
    As long as you view it as a one-time slip-up, you'll be fine. It happens to all of us! Just follow your diet and exercise plan for the rest of the week :)
  • doublexhelix
    doublexhelix Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    no, it happens to the best of us. don't dwell too much on it and try again tomorrow! :D
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    :smile: No, one meal won't ruin what you've worked for. Just move on, you'll be just fine!
    Why did you only have one meal to eat today???
  • samiam2233
    Options
    Don't let today ruin tomorrow. One out of fifteen is pretty good I would say.
  • troublejane
    Options
    you have to live your life... so one day eating at red lobster isn't going to kill you. And besides, you have to find a way to live your life and live at the weight you want to be so learning to allow yourself once in a while moments is necessary to your future as the new weight you. Just get yourself back to a good food routine tomorrow and make goals and then allow yourself a day once ina while to just relax and eat like eveyrone else (not gorging).
    And, it isn't good if you only ate one meal today. that is really hard on your body. Eat lighter on days when you have to eat out but at least eat someting so your body can burn food properly... good luck!
  • cnp8942
    cnp8942 Posts: 37
    Options
    thanks everyone I feel a lot better about earlier. And I didn't intentionally try to eat only 1 meal today I was just so busy all day until we went out to eat. Trust me this is the first day in weeks that my eating habits have been this way. Thanks again!
  • Trickynotts
    Options
    Its a special occasion I think if you don't occasionally have a treat as you have you'll (I will definately) crack and purge eg chocolate, biscuits whatever the craving is so don't beat yourself up. Take stock and be good tomorrow, or today (Unsure if you're in US or UK) Keep going come on :))) ps hope you had a great time and enjoyed the food as it would be a waste if just felt guilty throughout!!!
  • cnp8942
    cnp8942 Posts: 37
    Options
    lol i did enjoy it thank youuu:)
  • determined99
    Options
    i did it a couple of nights ago too but 3 days later you don't feel as bad about it. Also, i think occasionally that just motivates you and makes you stricter all of a sudden again
  • gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I cheat about once a week. Let's look at this logically, your goal here is set at a losing number that is well below what your average daily caloric burn is. Let's say you burn about 2300 calories a day. Even if you go over your daily goal, if you are under 2300 calories you will still lose some. Add to it you have to consume 3500 OVER that 2300 to gain one pound.... I'm betting you didn't. So if the scale goes up, you need to account for the high sodium and know that you probably didn't gain anything.

xoxoxo