Supplement help/advice

Options
Okay, so my rheumatologist recommended I go on fish oil (omega-3) supplements, and that I could try glucosamine/chondroitin for my joints if I wanted to. Didn't give me any brands..."anything over the counter".

I've heard that some of the fish oil supplements taste nasty/give bad after taste. Anyone taking this have a brand they like? Any glucosamine users...what do you use?

TIA

Replies

• allred_76
    Options
    I take my fish oil supplement right before I go to sleep, that way I am not tasting fish all day.
  • lordofultima
    Options
    I take fish oil at every meal for healthy fats. It has no scent or taste, not my capsules anyway. Glucosamine is good for the joints as well, especially if you're lifting heavy weights.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    One way to avoid those lovely fish burps is buy enteric coated caps. The coating allows the caps to be digested in your upper intestine...thus no tuna burps!
  • End6ame
    End6ame Posts: 903
    Options
    One way to avoid those lovely fish burps is buy enteric coated caps. The coating allows the caps to be digested in your upper intestine...thus no tuna burps!

Yep and also taking them with a meal will help the fish burp side effect as well. GNC makes a triple strength formula ( so you can take 1 pill per day rather than 3). These are what I use.

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2965535
  • Charlie001
    Options
    I use "presicion cla" "Nutrasea + d" and " max essentials MCT coconut oil" First two are omegas 3,6,9.
  • SuzanneBall
    SuzanneBall Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I work in a dr office and we have the enteric coated, great for no fishyness! Take with CoQ10 for even better results! I like Xymogen brand, but tis through physicians only. Great ratio on the fish oil though, soooo much better than over the counter at walmart, etc. The BEST product by far for glucosamine/msm is biometics flexi-care. It is expensive but WHOA the difference is amazing! We have a chiropractor on staff and he suggests it to all patients with joint pain/issues. It resells like crazy cause its so good! Its micellized for really good absorption. I personally dont take flexi-care but my husband does because he has a labor intensive job (installing floors) and is often sore. I DO take a few of their other products (Bio alert, get go n and daily harmony) and absolutely love them! Good luck!