NSV- blood work results!

Options
So a couple months ago I had my yearly exam, complete with full blood panel. My cholesterol was high, as were my triglycerides. The doctor wanted to put me on meds, but told me he'd give me the opportunity to clean up those numbers with diet and exercise before going the medicinal route. Went back for blood work last Friday.

Just got the call a couple minutes ago and much to my surprise, I was told my blood panel came back 'normal', and was congratulated on my efforts and success. :smile:

That's so freakin' awesome! My cholesterol has actually been high since my physical in 2012, so to see that in just two months I was able to turn it around is just mind boggling. Yay for proper diet and exercise!

Replies

• princesstoadstool82
    Options
    Fantasic!!!!! Id had high cholesterol too.... its the best feeling when you've beaten it!!!!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! And it's wonderful that your doctor gave you a chance to improve your health rather than just throwing pills at the problem.
  • reds_1
    reds_1 Posts: 59
    Options
    Well done! That shows you that you are doing the right thing for you.
  • thistimewillbedifferent
    Options
    That's exactly what I'm hoping to achieve -- congratulations!!!
  • ganbaranba
    ganbaranba Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Congratulations- it's always awesome to find out that your hard work has paid off!
  • starrylioness
    starrylioness Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What an accomplishment! :smile:
  • RachelRuns9
    RachelRuns9 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    awesome!!!!!!! :)
  • Docpremie
    Docpremie Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Great! Another plus for eating more & having the right macros to fuel your exercise! Congrats!!!
  • CeleryStalker
    CeleryStalker Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys :) I'm stoked. I've heard nothing but bad things about cholesterol drugs, between the side effects and the level of difficulty for getting off them once you get on them.

Knowing little to nothing about cholesterol, I was a little concerned I'd not be able to meet this goal. I know part of it is genetics, and my whole family has high cholesterol. I know part of it is diet, but have learned that having high cholesterol isn't directly aligned with ingesting dietary cholesterol, so I was kind of at a loss as to how to fix this problem.

Through eating MORE, believe it or not, and starting a weight training routine, I've succeeded. Not to mention gone down almost 2 pant sizes. Awe ya!
  • ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Wonderful - great job! Keep up your awesome work :)
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    that's amazing! good for you! keep it up! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!