Am I Doing It The Right Way?

Options
Hi. Glad that I have chance upon this website last week & have started controlling my calories and exercise. Weight is still the same after one week. Am wondering if I am doing everything correctly....

Replies

• rundgrenfan
    Options
    You might want to make your diary public, people have good suggestions for others that way!
  • wardba4
    wardba4 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    welcome
    i happened accross the site last sunday so I am a newbie also. I have found after 3 days it has helped me curb calorie intake just by keeping up with food diary thrugh out the day. It has been an eye opener to how many calories i was comsuming on d daily basis. I plan on weighing myself today i am hoping for at least a little weight loss.
    My advice would be to stick with it. If you are exercising you may be staying the same or gaining because you are gaining muscle mass which is thing in the long run.
  • tcam70455
    tcam70455 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    More than likely, you are. Sometimes it takes our bodies a little while to start showing weight loss. Check how much sodium you have daily, and make sure you are drinking enough water. Within a couple of weeks, you should start seeing pounds and inches come off.
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    It would help if you said how you are trying. Like, what is your exercise routine per week and how many calories are u taking in. Just a few extra details might help hun. Good Luck!
  • mangorabbit
    mangorabbit Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Hiya and welcome!

Previous posts have good points - some bodies aren't really interested in giving up any of their stashed energy (fat), and will take some time to get there.

That being said...
    A few things that are oft mentioned to members of the newer persuasion:

-Make sure you actually MEASURE your food. Don't guesstimate/estimate until you are DARN sure you know what 1cup/Tablespoon/ounce/etc of a given food is. We have all grown pretty accustomed to far larger portion sizes than what 'one serving' usually entails. (There will be times you are out and will have to guess, but take some time either in the kitchen seeing what one cup of various things look like, or use the net to see - there are a bunch of websites that will give you the 'one ounce of cheese looks like two 9-volt batteries' type equiavalents...very helpful!)

-What lifestyle do you have your profile set to? Are you as active as you think? (I know that can be a hard one to answer, but being honest is going to make this process far more effective.)

-Are you doing some form of exercise? If you are it might be worth mixing it up a bit - try something new, or add something to your existing regime. (If you aren't, some exercise will definetely help with the process!)

-It did not go on fast, and it may well come off even slower. Be patient and honest with yourself - you can do this, it just might take some time. ...and it WILL take effort.

^_^
  • MellieSim
    Options
    Hi. Thanks for your reply. Will definitely check sodium intake. Am drinking around 3 liter of water daily. Feel more lighter and energetic since started working out last week.
  • MellieSim
    Options
    Hi. I try to put in 3 times of walking around the park near my office weekly. I will usually do 5 rounds in about 1 hr 15 mins for 6.25 km, at moderate pace. Stretching exercise in the morning for about half hour daily. Quite a 'small' eater whereby I consume less than 1,000 calories daily. My intake is usually around. Any advice/suggestions? Thanks.
  • MellieSim
    Options
    Hi. Yes, I will try to add on more varieties to my workout by going to the pool on weekends, doing laps for about 35 mins. Hope this will help to give me some tangible signs next week. I am not giving up just yet...............