Distance runners

Options
13»

Replies

• Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    I just ran my first 3.1 miles in 30:56 outside on pavement. That according to runtastic. It wasn't so bad and yes. Not as boring as the treadmill. My legs don't feel so bad either. Well not yet. Lol

Yeah!! Nice work today!! Do you have any trails near you? Sometimes, when my joints get mad at the hard pavement, I switch to trails. I try not to run on pavement on consecutive days.

Thank you. The trails I know are further away and not sure if they are flat enough. Where I went today is only like a mile from my house. Tomorow is my rest day then I will do it again on Monday since I have off from work.
  • JessicaFB
    JessicaFB Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Well, I've gone past my comfy 10 milers and ran a 12 miler yesterday. Mentally, it was a challenge and I wanted to quit at 10 miles, but I gave myself a pep talk and stuck with it. Today, I don't feel sore, just a little tight in the hips. I'm planning on walking my dog 2 miles and taking it easy today.
  • JessicaFB
    Options
    Hey folks! I'm still going strong in my training. Last week was a little hectic, so I fell behind in my training posts. Yesterday I ran a 12 miler outside with headwinds. It was quite the challenge, but I am proud of how I did. I ran an 8:30 min/mi on average. Today, I'm a bit sore in my hips and right knee (fell on Saturday, freak accident), so I am resting. I'm getting a 90 minute massage tonight, which I'm very excited about. I can't believe the half is just under 2 weeks away now, wow!
  • JessicaFB
    Options
    Still plugging away. I had a crazy busy week but managed to get some shorter runs in, along with heaver wts at the gym and taught two bodypump classes. I'm taking it a little easy today and planning on a 10 miler tomorrow. My half is 8 days away now and I'm getting excited!!