30 Day Squat Challenge

Options
Has anyone does this and actually seen results?? I realize its mostly just building muscle but was just curious if anyones been able to see a difference

Replies

• KimR87
    KimR87 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    noone??
  • kbolton322
    kbolton322 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 7 which is 80 squats... I'll let you know at the end of it... even if I don't see any its nice to know that I can get up to 250 squats and not die from the pain..
  • christyperry2001
    Options
    absolutely saw results! its a super great challenge. i am about to start it all over again. i have toned up and lifted and all that good stuff. go for it and see the results yourself!
  • emilyisbonkers
    emilyisbonkers Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I want to do this.. I really want to build a massive bum ahah
  • mseab71
    mseab71 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am in the middle of one and I cannot see a difference yet BUT my husband says he can tell a difference :0) So I say, "Go For It" what have you got to lose :0)
  • KimR87
    Options
    i started it a few days ago on day 4 so a rest day actually kind of surprised im not as sore today as i was yesterday. I was gonna do it anyway to build the muscle since im really out of shape but seeing results would be a good bonus
  • sugaspice999
    Options
    I used to have a huge booty before I lost any weight at all but it was all fat and covered with cellulite. When I lost obviously it nearly completely disappeared and was one of the only things I'm extremely self conscious about and don't often wear short crops tops with gym tights for that reason.

So started doing weighted sumo squats last week along with glute bridges and leg raises and the American deadlift two times a week. The problem before was that I was doing hack squat and using machines supposed to be for the glutes and hamstrings/quads but I was activating mostly the other muscles so no glute definition. I'm finally feeling some firmness now though and def see a difference in only 1.5 weeks.

The 30 day squat challenge might help and I was considering it at first but the weighted squats (I started with around 25lbs) are better and you need at least a day in between to rest. When I first started lifting/building muscle (and believe me, I'm still a newbie) I made the mistake of working some of the muscles day in a row and not having a rest day. Not the way to go, trust me!

The consequences of ^ are that I have a pretty much build a booty from scratch and its finally working but exercises like the ones I mentioned are great for building only glutes and the other barbell squats/deadlifts could be done on leg days when you do lunges so the whole leg will be worked out.

Message me for any questions, will be glad to share experience/tips (but not an expert) :)
  • SkrillexFan
    Options
    I'm on day 8 of the 30 day squat challenge and I've been doing it with a 15 pound kettle bell and so far there is a very slight visible difference already, but I think I want to increase the weight I use because I haven't felt any muscle soreness and I just like to feel the burn and am hoping it'll speed up my results (:
  • jazi719
    jazi719 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I just looked it up. Wow, seems like quite a bit of squats but looks like an exciting challenge Do you use weights?
  • KimR87
    Options
    you can but im not im sore enough without the weights maybe if i try it again after the 30 days like some people do ill add weights