Just CANNOT stop falling off the wagon...help??

Options
I think the title pretty much says it all. But, to elaborate, I've been doing really well for over half a year now. Met my fitness goals, lost 2/3 of the weight I set out to lose..

And now I can't stop eating every piece of crap sat in front of me (or in the shop - I've been seeking it out!!)

I keep trying to get back on track and then falling off again after a day or even half a day. Anyone got any ideas/tips???

I want to lose this last 11 lbs!! Ughhhh

Replies

• letslearnfit
    Options
    Hi I'm having the exact same problem, want to help each other out? Be weight loss buddies?
  • sarahenagy
    sarahenagy Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Have you possibly been too strict with yourself? I find that when I go days on end where I do a "perfect job" of eating no junk then I have cravings. I build in (accounted for in my diary) treats throughout the week so that I do not feel deprived. I also usually allow myself one meal about every other week (usually a meal out) to eat/drink whatever I want without feeling guilty. Because I'm getting a sweet or a plate of fried pickles every once and a while, I stay on track the rest of the time.
  • GuybrushThreepw00d
    GuybrushThreepw00d Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I've started a "biggest loser" challenge for money with my sister.
    In 6 weeks I lost 4.4lb's, she lost 3lb. Neither of us were particularly focussed.

For the next 6 weeks,we're going double or nothing on the bet.. and i will win!

It's proving to be enough of a motivator to get me back on MFP every day logging my food again.
  • stt43
    stt43 Posts: 487
    Options
    Most likely your calories are too low so your body is making you take in more, although it could be that your macros are too low.
  • FarAway02
    Options
    I also worked hard to include things I craved...just in small quantities. I still had pizza if I really want it...I'd just make it from scratch at home rather than order in dominos, 1 square of chocolate instead of the whole bar, etc.

It's just like I've lost the motivation/will power. Today probably hasn't been aided by the fact that I went for my first run yesterday in almost 2 weeks and managed to injure myself ><
  • FarAway02
    Options
    Hi I'm having the exact same problem, want to help each other out? Be weight loss buddies?

feel free to add me.. :)
  • FarAway02
    Options
    Heh, sounds like your own version of biggest loser is working wonders. Unfortunately where I'm so close to my goal weight it can take me weeks to get even a pound off sometimes!!

I think cals are fine...have been eating 1600 (ish) - I'm 5 ft 11.

Pretty sure this is a motivational issue...just not sure how to get my head back in the game. I've been trying!
  • maybeazure
    maybeazure Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I think it all comes down to instant or delayed gratification. Do you want the instant gratification of junk food, or the delayed reward of looking better, fitting into smaller clothes, etc. The delayed reward is more satisfying in the long run, but lots of times the instant satisfaction sucks us in anyway. I think you have to decide if the long term reward of reaching your goal is worth giving up the junk for now or not. If it is, do whatever you can to stay away from it. Distract yourself, find something healthy you can do, exercise more, etc.

But another option would be to decide that you are happy with the progress that you have made and work on maintaining it for awhile. That's it's own challenge, but I think it would be perfectly acceptable to decide to stop where you are for now and then re-evaluate in a couple of months.
  • yornma
    yornma Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not alone. I've really working on walking and I did great last tuesday.. but then wednesday and thursday I barely moved. I need some motivation!
  • GuybrushThreepw00d
    GuybrushThreepw00d Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Heh, sounds like your own version of biggest loser is working wonders. Unfortunately where I'm so close to my goal weight it can take me weeks to get even a pound off sometimes!!

Don't buy this. Calorie deficit earned through eating less or increasing your EAT or NEAT will result in weight loss. I think this mindset is serving as a crutch when you don't lose much.

pjeup.jpg
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Yes you can. You've already proven that. And you already know that no one else can do this for you.

Read your own comments on your profile and in the forums - look at your own reasons for doing this in the first place and at your progress to date. Browse some positive threads. View some of the Success Stories and pictures. Make a healthy meal that you love or try something new. Look at healthy recipes or new exercise routines that you want to try. Don't deprive yourself, but just do what you know you need to. There are going to be days when you don't feel like it, just like days when you don't feel like going to work or paying a bill. So what?

You do know that once you get really started again, you are going to feel better and make progress. Give yourself that, whether you feel like it today or not.

Looking forward to seeing you around.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    And now I can't stop eating every piece of crap sat in front of me (or in the shop - I've been seeking it out!!)

I want to lose this last 11 lbs!! Ughhhh

Perhaps your body is telling you that it really likes being where it is.
  • FarAway02
    Options

Don't buy this. Calorie deficit earned through eating less or increasing your EAT or NEAT will result in weight loss. I think this mindset is serving as a crutch when you don't lose much.

pjeup.jpg

I'm sorry that you 'dont buy it' but I do believe the last few pounds are the hardest to lose. I haven't changed anything...I've always done the same amount of exercise and eaten on the same level of healthiness during this 'journey'. The simple fact is that when your body doesn't 'need' to drop the weight it's harder to. I've never been in the overweight category...my highest weight was still a healthy one. I'm just heading down towards the lower end of the healthy range now.

We all have goals...whether they be weight (on the bar or on the body) distance, time, whatever. Sure, we may have to readjust our goals here and there. But I don't see that there's any reason to mock anybody for having goals...

Or am I missing something??
  • FarAway02
    Options
    Yes you can. You've already proven that. And you already know that no one else can do this for you.

Read your own comments on your profile and in the forums - look at your own reasons for doing this in the first place and at your progress to date. Browse some positive threads. View some of the Success Stories and pictures. Make a healthy meal that you love or try something new. Look at healthy recipes or new exercise routines that you want to try. Don't deprive yourself, but just do what you know you need to. There are going to be days when you don't feel like it, just like days when you don't feel like going to work or paying a bill. So what?

You do know that once you get really started again, you are going to feel better and make progress. Give yourself that, whether you feel like it today or not.

Looking forward to seeing you around.

Thank you. This was a lovely post and has genuinely been appreciated... I need to re-find my motivation to continue onwards. Thank you for taking the time to respond :)