Do I look like I've lost anything?

Options
Pic is in my profile, don't know how to post on forum/if I can :P

Please don't say anything mean, this forum is the only place I'd feel comfortable enough to post pics at all, cos we are all in the same boat right?

I was wondering because I have not lost any weight after dieting and exercising....I also quit smoking and have lost 2lbs in around 4 weeks. However, I took a pic today in the same outfit and noticed the clothes seemed looser...a friend said I looked slimmer, but I don't see it. Can anyone else see any difference? Thanks for any advice!

Replies

• happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I cant really see the pics well. But if your clothes are fitting looser and you feel better, you have to be doing something right! The scale doesnt move quick for me anymore because im 5 lbs away from my goal. However i love seeing new muscles popping out and clothes fitting better.

Keep it up!
  • gmthisfeller
    gmthisfeller Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Pic is in my profile, don't know how to post on forum/if I can :P
    [edited]
    I was wondering because I have not lost any weight after dieting and exercising....I also quit smoking and have lost 2lbs in around 4 weeks. However, I took a pic today in the same outfit and noticed the clothes seemed looser...a friend said I looked slimmer, but I don't see it. Can anyone else see any difference? Thanks for any advice!

If your clothes are feeling looser, then great!

Oh, yes, when you have lost all the weight you have as your goal, you may discover you do not need breast reduction.
  • CailM
    CailM Posts: 4
    Options
    I definitely see it, great work!
  • mytabouly
    mytabouly Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    You definitely look slimmer around your waist...

Sorry but can i just say...wow your curves! So feminine
  • viperk1
    viperk1 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You definitely look slimmer, but the second pic is zoomed out more and they're both really small.

To post a pic here you use [ img]URL[/ img] but with no spaces in the square brackets.
  • SteveStedge1
    SteveStedge1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Congrats on quitting smoking!! You body and your wallet will thank you!
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    It looks like it. But the pics are hard to see.

Start measuring yourself ever 2 weeks or so with a tape measure. Especially if you do weight training as exercise, that sometimes gives you clearer results than the scale.
  • theopenforum
    theopenforum Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    your head?? ^_^

I see you have lost an article of clothing as well so good work :P

Seriously don't worry about our thoughts, if your clothes are feeling looser then that is all you need. Let you be your support, we will just be your fans ^_^.

That being said allow me to act like a fan:

WOOOOOOOTTTTTTTT!!!!!!! YOU GO GURLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!! (faints)

Cheers,

Tof
  • adidah
    Options
    it looks that way to me! Don't get discouraged. Keep up the good work. Congrats on quitting smoking too!
  • bunnybutler29
    Options
    U look great..holy wow ur curves:smile: . Keep up the great work.
  • Wannabeslim2811
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your replies....I will start tracking with a tape measure from now on. I noticed today the cardigan I was wearing will wrap around now where it didn't before. I think my bust has got smaller so that's a good thing!

Might sound dumb too but does anyone know how to get less curvy? I hate my shape and I know guys don't like curves and prefer more toned women. But the problem is, when I was slim I was the same shape....my bust and hips always stay 12 inches larger than my waist no matter what size/weight I am. Is there anything I can do to prevent that? Any exercises or anything? Everything I've read said you can't spot train, but is there some kind of specific workout you can do to change the shape? Thanks
  • lcvaughn520
    lcvaughn520 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your replies....I will start tracking with a tape measure from now on. I noticed today the cardigan I was wearing will wrap around now where it didn't before. I think my bust has got smaller so that's a good thing!

Might sound dumb too but does anyone know how to get less curvy? I hate my shape and I know guys don't like curves and prefer more toned women. But the problem is, when I was slim I was the same shape....my bust and hips always stay 12 inches larger than my waist no matter what size/weight I am. Is there anything I can do to prevent that? Any exercises or anything? Everything I've read said you can't spot train, but is there some kind of specific workout you can do to change the shape? Thanks

First of all, most guys DO love curves! Secondly, you shouldn't want to change your body shape just so "guys" will like you. You have a gorgeous figure that a lot of people would love to have, so try to be a little nicer to yourself :) What guys really like is confidence.

My two cents is that you should do whatever you can do to feel as good about yourself and your body as possible. If that entails losing a little weight, then do that. But do it for yourself, not because of what you think other people will like.
  • Wannabeslim2811
    Options

First of all, most guys DO love curves! Secondly, you shouldn't want to change your body shape just so "guys" will like you. You have a gorgeous figure that a lot of people would love to have, so try to be a little nicer to yourself :) What guys really like is confidence.

My two cents is that you should do whatever you can do to feel as good about yourself and your body as possible. If that entails losing a little weight, then do that. But do it for yourself, not because of what you think other people will like.

Thank you, that is really good advice. It's just really depressing when you never really see women like Christina Hendricks held up as attractive, it's always people like for example Kate Middleton....long, lean and elegant. It's also depressing because I'm quite tall at 5ft 7 so even when I'm slim because I'm never lean I always feel alike a big matronly blob. My sister is 5ft 10 and has a Kate Middleton figure, long lean elegant and beautiful. But then again I guess we can't all be Kate Middleton :P Thank you again for your advice :)
  • gmthisfeller
    gmthisfeller Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Might sound dumb too but does anyone know how to get less curvy? I hate my shape and I know guys don't like curves and prefer more toned women.

You have been hangin' out with the wrong guys. There's nothing about your curves not to appreciate. As you lose guys' appreciation level will go up. Trust me. LOL
  • StormSparks1994
    StormSparks1994 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great! Definitely can see a big change there. You're doing amazing!
  • brown46545
    brown46545 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    It's hard to see in those pictures, but you look great. And, your figure (even now) is incredible. Don't get pulled into society's obsession with Victoria Beckham and Denise Richards. Men like curves. You have a very sexy figure. Sure, if you feel you need to tone and lose a couple pounds, fine. But don't try to get skinny. Sexy and curvy beat out skinny every day. (And I am a straight woman saying this, I'm sure men would echo it 1,000,000 times).
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    It's just really depressing when you never really see women like Christina Hendricks held up as attractive
    Where do you live where Christina Hendricks isn't considered the absolute hottest woman on the planet? ALL guys love her!