tired of hiding in the back of family pics

Options
Embarrassed of my weight, I always hide behind a family member in family photos, I don't want to feel like that anymore!!! It is time for this change and I'm very much ready. I'm done with being embarrassed.

With my oldest son's upcoming High School Graduation in June 2014, this has sparked this journey into reality for me. I'm excited and ready to do this!!! And I look forward to being in a picture with my son, (right next to him, not in the back) at his graduation!

Replies

• Limath
    Limath Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hello. I relate to your post completely! I have hated having my picture taken for the past couple of years. In part due to unexplained hair loss, but mostly due to my weight. My son will graduate in 2015. I was thinking about 'cheating' today, but your comment made me remember why I want to do this - Thanks!
  • jessicadiaz07
    Options
    Hi, I'm very excited for you! You have a huge reason why you want to lose weight and you have set a date. A goal with out a date is just wish. I'm excited to see your journey and get inspired to keep reaching my goal.
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Ditto Jessica -- stop hiding! You'll look great next to your son, and so proud!!!!!!!

Feel free to friend me. The first step to a great journey!
  • mw7097
    mw7097 Posts: 10
    Options
    Thanks, I'm so glad my comment helped you, Limath! Good luck with today.
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    good for you for taking the steps!

(in my family, my nieces/nephews know that they stand in front of mommy/aunties "to hid e the tummies". except sister 1 lost her tummy, sister 2 is on the way to losing it and sister three -that would be - is also on the way!)
  • westmor
    westmor Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean! Good luck with your weight loss, you really can do this. Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like to.
  • MoonGypsyQ67
    MoonGypsyQ67 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I was doing the same for the past several years! I have finally reached a point where I don't mind being in the photo. You can do it!!!! Feel free to add me. I was away from logging for a bit and have put on some extra pounds, and need to get back on track! I welcome all requests.