Those last 15 pounds..

I started my weight loss journey in May. Since May, I have lost 36 pound (I'm 5"7', starting weight 186 pound, currently 150 pounds). I was curious for anyone who has achieved their goal weight, how difficult was it to loose those last 15 pounds? And how long did it take you to achieve those last few pounds?

Replies

• Slrajr
    Slrajr Posts: 438 Member
    Hi,
    I'm 5'7" also. My SW was 160 over a year ago, then I lost 9 pounds. I stalled at 151 for about three months then ended up at 142 and kept it off for 8 months. In maintenance I had 2000 calories per day and was quite happy with the results. I had some issues in August and September and gained back 10 pounds. I'm back on track now. New SW is 151 and goal is 142. I'm only eating 1600-1700 a day:(. I can't wait to get to my goal so that I can up my calories again. If I'm very diligent it should take about three to four months to reach my goal.
    I do not have a consistent exercise program yet.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    I weighed 202 after giving birth, today I weigh 138. I honestly don't really have a goal weight, but I do have a body type in mind that I'm trying to achieve. But if I had to say a number, I'm thinking around 127. I'm also 5"7. I have noticed that recently I need to pay very close attention to every bit of food and make sure it's all measured properly. It does seem that it's getting rougher to lose now unless I'm being super strict to stay under 1600 calories. And to make sure I'm giving my body everything it needs
  • Hello! I started at 172, now at 138. My goal is 130-132, though I would like to get into the 120's. In the last week I have been craving everything under the sun, and caving to eat it. I have been fighting these last pounds. I'm going to try insanity again. But if someone has a good way to do it, i would love to hear :-/
  • I started in Sept with only 12lbs to lose then with a mix of Insanity/P90X and clean diet with a caloric deficit, I've lost 9lbs in two months. I know I'm burning a bit less calories now so it's going to take a bit longer to lose the last 3lbs without making more changes. I'm hoping it'll all be gone by late Dec at this rate. Just gonna eat clean, work hard, and wait.
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    I lost the first 20 or so pounds quite smoothly, but these last 15 pounds are hard. Have been losing around 2 pounds a month(if that) which is not too bad. I love food and its hard for me to stay hungry/eat less. I am 5'5 146 pounds right now and had started at 173.
    Currently my goal weight(just for number's sake) is 135 pounds. Will see when and if i get there(lol) , how i feel about it!
  • Linkdapink
    Linkdapink Posts: 128 Member
    It was a long time ago that I had "the last few" to go (I'm back up at 167 at 5ft 7, was at 130). I had to change dramatically - I couldn't just keep doing what I was doing. I went along with my Mum to Weight Watchers for a bit to change up my "diet" (I didn't pay - I just went along with my Mum for encouragement!). I started to go cycling, and really changed what food I was eating - I was doing and eating the same until then.

It kick started me into changing what I needed to do, and really thinking about what eating healthily for life was - I broke a routine and it helped break a plateau
  • supermumincanada
    supermumincanada Posts: 59 Member
    Hi, it took me about 4 months to loose the last 14 lbs , probably because I upped my calories the closer i got to my goal weight because I wanted a gradual increase in calories. Have been at maintenance for about a year now and so far managing ok.
  • MommaChocoLatte
    MommaChocoLatte Posts: 389 Member
    We have roughly the same goal... I have about 7-8 lbs to go. These last few pounds are coming off slowly but I expected it. I lose about half a pound to a pound a week respectively.

The last few weeks I have maintained for 2 weigh ins and then the next week I will see a loss. This has been pretty consistant over the last month and a half. I am not terribly worried about it though because I feel good and I am still losing.
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    My story is a little different. I am also 5'7. Starting weight was 4 years ago and not using MFP.
    I have been on this website now for 12 weeks.
    SW 157
    CW 151
    GW 140-143

So I am losing half a lb a week which I am basically happy with, hey ! This takes time to do it right.
    I did change my calorie goal today in hopes of maybe losing 3/4 lb a week and see how that goes, but no lower.