Hola from Texas

Options
I signed up for MyFitnessPal last week and thought I should probably introduce myself.

I'm Aralu from Austin, Texas. I turned 50 a few months ago and have been married 23 years. I have two wonderful kids (18 & 21).

I'm moving into the clean eating thing, enjoy doing Tai Chi, and try to get 10,000 steps every day on my Fitbit.

I have about 80 pounds to lose that I intend to lose 10 pounds at a time.

I'd really appreciate a few motivated friends!!

Replies

• tkumass
    tkumass Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    HI ARALU,
    I am from Boston Massachusetts. I will soon turn 60. I have a 27 yr old daughter. I joined myfitness pal last week also. I had been doing another diet program since 6/18/13. I lost 32 lbs. However it has been getting expensive to order the food especially w/ the holidays coming. I had been doing 30 -45minutes of exercise a day. I was so unmotivated the 2 mths before I decided to start this. I kept thinking "why bother you'll just fail again". However another women in work had been dieting in a similar way and it was working for her that I decided to try it. I was eating the food and I was doing 10-15 minutes on the eliptical 1-2 days a week before work. Then 5 days a week I was walking to the train station to get the bus to work. The walk is about 20-30 mins. I decided to do this because I want to keep my independence as I age. It's also a way for me to remeber to take care of me. My current goal is to lose another 11-12 lbs. Then reevaluate. I need to take it slow or I will be over whelmed. I also need people to motivate me to keep going. I also use the scale each week as a motivator. You can do this just set reasonable goals and you will be renergized to keep going as you meet the goals. Keep in touch

Theresa:
  • PMCGL
    PMCGL Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi. I'm Pat
  • DebbiHE
    DebbiHE Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi! I also live in Austin and have recently returned to myfitnesspal after being off for the past 18 months - and regaining all the weight I had lost previously. I'm 55 with 3 grown children. Best of luck to you!:flowerforyou: