Celebrating Success

Options
Today marks a huge point in my weight loss journey.
On July 26, 2012 I set myself on a course to get back to a healthy weight. I came home from a trip from Las Vegas and got on the scale which said 275 pounds. Over the next couple of months, I proceeded to lose 100 pounds. March 3, 2013 was a very happy day for me.
My next step was to go into maintenance mode. I am happy to say I have been maintaining my weight loss through tracking (currently at a streak of 477 days) food and a regular exercise routine. In the last year and a half I have become a runner.
Coming from a guy who couldn’t run for more than 2 minutes in a row when I started in July 2012, this is saying something. It took me a long time as I eased myself into it, but yesterday I ran in my first half marathon. Not only did I run the whole race, but I was able to complete it in less than 2 hours.
Running has changed my life, but I couldn’t have done it without the support of my family. My wife has dragged my children out to numerous races to watch me compete, not to mention makes sure I have clean racing clothes. My daughter sits and watches me from the side of the road with a huge grin. Even my teenage son seems excited about what I have accomplished, even if he constantly asks me why I didn’t win.
I have decided to start training for my first Marathon which I will run next year. Who knows where I will go from there.
While each person’s weight loss journey is their own, my advice to you is stick to it. There will be setbacks, there will be injuries. But for every setback you have, it makes reaching your goal so much sweeter.

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!