Ladies who have had csections!

Options
I've had 2 csections, 14 monthes apart. The first was 5 years ago, and my last was 4 years ago.
To this day, I still have a flab of fat. I feel like it will never go away. And when I do ab workouts, It feels like im ripping open and that area is soo sore. Do I have any hope of ever having a flat tummy again? What are your ladies experiences? Do you have pictures?

Replies

• mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I dont think its possible for *most* women to have a completely flat stomach after a c/s again. I know no matter how much I weigh, I still have the extra. My sil who is 5'3 and 100lbs has an apron still from her c/s. You cant see it in clothes but you can see it in a bathing suit.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I had 2 c-sections about 10 years apart and I was able to get results by lifting heavy and patience.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I had 3 c-sections, the first two were only 13 months apart. My last one was over 20 years ago. As I remember it takes quite a few years to walk upright--without bending over a bit. I do swimming and don't have an apron, a bit of a tummy to lose, but I'm almost 60. The right excercise will help you alot, don't ever give up. It does get better, but takes years. That strange sensation near the incision where the muscles were cut--3 times, does get alot better. Mine is almost gone. Think positive and look at your adorable children--they are worth the sacrifice.
  • NikkiL0v3L1f3
    Options
    I have let myself go a little over the last 5 years because I kept tearing open and getting and infection. So I stopped excersing in fear of it happening again. It's too late isn't it :(( Ahh!
  • nagniho
    nagniho Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I have had 2 c-sections and was able to get a fairly flat stomach, no Apron:-) These is a bit of a roundness in the lower abs but that is more the way I am built as opposed to it being due to c-section.
  • mommysockmonkey
    mommysockmonkey Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Like snowflake above, I've also had 3 c-sections. For me personally I found planks to be the best exercise for flattening my tummy back to normal. Way more effective than any type of crunches.
  • cleopatra09
    Options
    Hi Nicky
    You shouldn't be tearing open..I had a csection 30 years ago and never had that problem. I was probably back excercising about 2 months later and I still am..
    I had bad stretch marks and loose skin and the only way I got rid of it was having a tummy tuck. Best thing I ever did.
    I would be seeing another dr. If I were you to see what is causing you to tear. Good luck:smile:
  • arathena720
    arathena720 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Even at goal weight working out I still had some flab hanging over the scar. Well worth it for what I got in exchange.
  • NikkiL0v3L1f3
    Options
    Hi Nicky
    You shouldn't be tearing open..I had a csection 30 years ago and never had that problem. I was probably back excercising about 2 months later and I still am..
    I had bad stretch marks and loose skin and the only way I got rid of it was having a tummy tuck. Best thing I ever did.
    I would be seeing another dr. If I were you to see what is causing you to tear. Good luck:smile:

its been years since i tore open but it still scares me, and it burns like fire hot burn when i do a lot of ab workouts. I used to d ab work outs all the time before my csections and never felt that kind of pain there.

But Im trying. Maybe someday I can have a tummy tuck lol
  • cleopatra09
    Options
    Maybe it's just normal muscle burn when you do a lot of ab work especially if you haven't worked out for awhile which would happen with any muscle group. Just go easy and keep it up:happy:
  • hddeuce1966
    Options
    If you have a lot of scar tissue it can feel like it is tearing. I had two vertical c-sect last one 23 years ago. Then had a hysterectomy about 12 years ago and was cut horizontally. Even when I was near goal weight my abs look more like a butt than a front. It's really sad. No amount of exercise helped.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I agree that you should see a different doctor if you are afraid of tearing--it shouldn't be happening after 5 years. My doctor told me the stiches on the outside were nothing compared to how many were inside. Again, try excercising differently - don't put that area under stress too fast. Do not give up. Everyone is different, and you can greatly improve where you want to with patience and trying new approaches. I've found that you have to be creative to succeed. Good luck.
  • iperceive2
    iperceive2 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    That muscle has been compromised and is going to take time to get right...Use correct form dont stress and lift.