Has Anyone Seen My Motivation!

Options
At the beginning of the year I lost about 55lbs from Jan to May..I maintained very well all Summer and only have about 20lbs left to my ultimate goal of 140. However, I have lost all motivation to diet and exercise. It's harder to find the time now that I'm working full time and in school full time ( I also have 4 kids) none of these things should be excuses or keep me from doing what I know I need to do and what I know I can do but I use them as excuses.

Can anyone give me some pointers to try and get me back on track before I gain any more weight back!!(I've gained about 5lbs back) UGH!!

Thanks!!

Replies

• weighmeless
    weighmeless Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Wow losing 55 pounds is awesome. I only lost 9 lbs in 4 months with no exercise but controlled diet. Few months into it, I lost track due to hectic routines & now gained back all of it. It is so depressing to see those numbers back on scale. Now that I know balanced diet works, I so badly want to get back on track but not happening & that's even more sad. I am sure you worked hard and know the benefits.. keep it going ! Wish me luck because even as I am writing this, wondering how did I manage to control.. Those were most inspiring days for sure.
  • godsgrl33
    godsgrl33 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    It's hard when you don't see the numbers move like you did in the beginning, but stick with it! Maybe try some new recipes to switch things up. Since you are in school, find some that are crock-pot or now that it's getting colder outside, make some soup which will keep you fuller and warm you up. One thing that's super easy is salsa chicken, where you put chicken in a crock pot, add salsa, and turn it on. That's it! Serve over rice.
    You can friend me if you'd like. I am close to my goal as well, and I started last January.
  • cmwc123
    cmwc123 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    It is probably hanging out with mine. If you find yours, will you tell mine to come back too....I'm in desperate need of it! lost 18 lbs and went from a size 12 to a 6 this past summer. I am a teacher and since school started it has been hard to stay motivated....gained back 8 lbs....thankfully new clothes still fit but getting snug! gotta get that mojo back!
  • crispsandwich
    crispsandwich Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I think there is a club somewhere, where the motivation mojo hangs out! mine has just wandered home, looking slightly worse for wear.
  • francescadenneny
    Options
    I lost 42 lbs in 2012 using MFP, but this year I have put 10lbs of that back on - I'm really frightened I'm going to undo all the work I did last year. Yesterday I changed the lock screen on my phone to a picture of myself when I was bigger, and that seems to be helping (although I've only got 1.5 days of data on that!!). I'm hoping it will just keep reminding me what I'm trying to avoid.
  • Simbaby09
    Simbaby09 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    hahahahahaha the last 2posts are crackers . If not for anything else , I'll stick to MFP for good laughs , heard they are the best medicine . Silly ,wondering, groove loving motivations ,mine is a culprit though....lol
  • usernamekelly1
    usernamekelly1 Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I think I saw her last night out dancing with Will Power, they make the perfect pair.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Forget motivation. Habit seems to stick around more but sometimes the bad ones come back to haunt us. Build those good habits and Motivation will wonder back.