My journey

Options
I have been reluctant to share my story but a friend told me it was time. In Feb 2011 I lost my father after a long battle with cancer. I also begin to have problems at home and work. I begin a terrible lifestyle of eating, sleeping and doing nothing. So begin my battle with weight. I started this journey back in Feb when I attended my sons military graduation and for the first time in a while had my pic taken. I was horrified to see how much weight I had put on. I realized I had not taken a full body photo in almost a year! Anyhow I had previously found MFP but had not used it. I realized it was time to do something and I am so glad I did. When I started I was 180 lbs size 14 (barely) at 5 foot 2 this was quite large. I did not feel like doing anything and was so depressed I was put on antidepressants, my cholesterol had also soared to a roaring 242! I couldn't stop eating, I really thought I was going to be large for the rest of my life! . So I begin to log. Exercise was tough and I was badly out of shape. I started with lifting light weights and walking to the end of my subdivision. I did a few laps in my pool. I gave up diet cokes and ice cream. I started drinking water and learning everything I could about healthy living. I started walking a little faster, a little further. Before I knew it I was putting on a size 8, 6, 5, and finally a 3! I was in shape and feeling good. I was running and exercising with my grown daughters...and eve better keeping up. I still have about 8-10 lbs to go. But its not about the weight now its about being healthy and feeling alive. I am not sure how to post this pic so I hope it works.

295z62e.jpg

Replies

• jillianbeeee
    jillianbeeee Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Help How do i resize the image?
  • jillianbeeee
    Options
    I will try it again
  • MassiveBeard
    MassiveBeard Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Really inspiring read!!
  • Laleonaheart
    Options
    I'm so inspired...thanks for sharing your story...I'm always worried about stopping, giving up, failing....AGAIN. So this really helps.
  • meparker757
    meparker757 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Super ! Great job !
  • see449
    see449 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Enjoyed your success story and thank you for sharing it. It helps us on the other side who are just starting out. I just started 2 days ago and looking for friends to share this journey with. Great Job and I am happy for you. Keep up the great work - Hard work at that. :)
  • jillianbeeee
    Options
    anyone know how to make my pic smaller? I got a few more pics to the right and can't get it to post right? ugggg.
  • jillianbeeee
    Options
    hs715k.jpg

this was taken last month
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!