I need a recipe for leek and potato soup!

Options
sarahertzberger
sarahertzberger Posts: 534 Member
So, there used to be this restaurant around me I think it was called food junkie, well they had this awesome potato and leek soup and I would really love to make some anyone have a great leek and potato soup?

Replies

• Ossodog
    Ossodog Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Was it milk based? I have often made potato and leek soup but I have different variations.
  • Wegottahavethis
    Options
    My recipe:
    Go to the garden and dig some leeks, cut some parsley. Grab some potatoes from under the stairs. Scrub and dice the potatoes and leeks, put in a pot and cover with chicken stock. Bring to boil, simmer until done. Salt, pepper and a dash of nutmeg to taste. Swirl in some real cream or milk if you want. Sometimes I add a handful of celery in with the leek. Top bowls with a little minced parsley.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,717 Member
    Options
    My recipe:
    Go to the garden and dig some leeks, cut some parsley. Grab some potatoes from under the stairs. Scrub and dice the potatoes and leeks, put in a pot and cover with chicken stock. Bring to boil, simmer until done. Salt, pepper and a dash of nutmeg to taste. Swirl in some real cream or milk if you want. Sometimes I add a handful of celery in with the leek. Top bowls with a little minced parsley.

I would sweat the leak with some butter first.
  • Miss_Meliss86
    Miss_Meliss86 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Google? Pinterest?

https://www.google.ca/#q=leek+and+potato+soup+recipes

I've tried the Jamie Oliver one before (http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/vegetables-recipes/leek-and-potato-soup) and it was delicious. Not cream/milk based though
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    My friend does equal part turnips and potatoes. Plus some leeks
    I hope some garlic.
    There's water and/or broth involved covering everything.
    And she uses her immersion blender.

SHe made some last week and it filled up her CANNING pot...
    30 cups of soup
  • ct320
    ct320 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I have one that comes in around 100cal a portion and is really tasty :)

3 leeks
    1 onion
    3/4 medium potatoes
    750ml veg stock
    500ml skimmed milk
    salt/pepper to taste

just chop up all veg throw in pan bring to boil with the stock then add milk and simmer its so easy and really nice.
  • sarahertzberger
    sarahertzberger Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Was it milk based? I have often made potato and leek soup but I have different variations.

It was
  • nami_cat
    Options
    This is the recipe I use:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/potato-and-leek-soup-recipe2/index.html

It's always turned out very very nicely! It uses both bacon and cream.

Edited to add: When I use the "recipe calculator" of MFP, it comes out to ~250 cal/serving. Not sure if that's totally accurate.
  • fitspo145
    Options
    Bump to read later. I absolutely ADORE leek and potato soup but have had a tough time finding it after I moved to Asia.