24 years 9 KGs to lose in 9 Wks

Options
Hello everyone
I got so mych motivated reading your posts ..
I'm getting married in 4 months and i need to lose 9 Kgs in 9 weeks
I am about 65 Kg = 143 lbs
In need of your motivation

Add me on : rawanjg

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone
    I got so mych motivated reading your posts ..
    I'm getting married in 4 months and i need to lose 9 Kgs in 9 weeks
    I am about 65 Kg = 143 lbs
    In need of your motivation

Add me on : rawanjg

Its not a very realistic goal i'm afraid, with only 18lbs to lose, the most you should be aiming for is 0.5 -1lb per week...
  • JilloftheDead
    JilloftheDead Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    1 kg/2.2 lbs is an unrealistically high goal especially for someone who doesn't have a lot to lose. You'll be more successful setting a smaller goal.
  • TheBoldCat
    TheBoldCat Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Even if you gonna loose it so fast, it's very unhealthy. It would be different if you need 100lbs to loose.

But keep motivated. Even 4.5 kg loose in 9 weeks is a great difference!!
  • candiceh3
    Options
    How tall are you?

Unfortunately, the above poster is correct. 1kg / week is really only sustainable when you have a LOT of weight to lose. You might be able to lose 4-5 kgs in that time though :)
  • monisiaczeq
    monisiaczeq Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    i think it is do-able! however you have to work very hard for the net nine weeks! no cheat meals and plenty of exercise- honesty is here the key! dont get discouraged and give it your best shot! however, dont slow down your metabolism by eating too little calories! i think 1200 is the bare minimum and as i found out on myself what works best (at least for me) its 5 small meals every 2-3 hours! (ie breakfast, youghurt, lunch,fruit, dinner) if you need any motivation feel free to add me!
  • jonnyman41
    jonnyman41 Posts: 1,032 Member
    Options
    it might be too much to lose that weight in so short a time (especially as you are not big in the first place) but you could do a lot to make your body look better and look like you have lost 9kg even if you haven't. Look at taking up exercise like C25K (a nine week programme) supplemented by strength exercises and/or weights depending on what you have access too. You can certainly tighten up your body and lose some weight. Also rather than trying any drastic diets that will make you miserable and tired, just at a time when you need to be fully on the ball, try making small changes, eat as clean as possible (but don't beat yourself up if not all foods fit into this) try avoiding foods that are known bloaters, salt/high processed etc, drink plenty of water and you will soon start to look so much better without over stressing yourself when you have so much other stuff going on. And get plenty of sleep too.
  • YouHadMyCuriosity
    YouHadMyCuriosity Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I agreed with previous posters that this may not be a realistic goal- I would personally recommend for aiming for half of that, and doing so by exercising (including strength training) and some cardio, while tracking your calories.

The main thing I want to say here is, whether or not you lose the exact amount of weight you want before your wedding- don't sweat it. You are (presumably) marrying the person you want to spend the rest of your life with, and having your closest friends and family around you. Anyone who would judge a couple kilograms either way- screw them.

I didn't get down to my goal weight for my wedding, (I lost some weight, but not "enough")- you know what? My pictures still turned out great, the amazing man I married couldn't have given less of a crap that I did not lose 5 more lbs, I ate 2 servings of all the amazing food I paid for, and it all turned out ok.

Give yourself a reasonable goal, and enjoy your wedding. I can tell you right now, that I was so upset with myself for not losing 5-10 lbs more the day before my wedding. When I look at pictures of my wedding right now, I don't see those extra pounds, I see the smile on my face, I see the smile on my husband's face, I see the laughter in the eyes of family members and friends. I see the fun we all had, and the antics that took place. Don't beat yourself up about it.
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    If you must.... Rapid Fatloss Handbook by Lyle McDonald will probably get you as close as possible.
  • rawanjg
    rawanjg Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am 163 cm
  • rawanjg
    Options
    I am 163 cm
  • rawanjg
    Options
    I ordered US Size 8 . It is coming on Dec 14th. and my wedding will be on march 21st.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I ordered US Size 8 . It is coming on Dec 14th. and my wedding will be on march 21st.

so by that i take it you're not currently a US size 8?
  • rawanjg
    Options
    i am currently size 8 and i will fix it if i lost some KGS