60 year old -starting out again

Options
Hi all - I'm hoping that this time I can stick with it, instead of pretending that it doesn't really matter. I have always felt my best around 120-125lbs, but have really let myself go this last 18 months so have a lot to lose.

I've tried to convince myself that the excess weight doesn't really matter - I know I'm not desperately overweight, but rolls of fat are rolls of fat and my clothes are uncomfortable, and it is getting worse- so here we go.

My OH is supportive in one way, but at the same time doesn't see my need to lose weight as his view is that women put on weight after the menopause!!

At the same time he likes me being sporty and was proud of me 18 months ago when I did a 10k run for charity after starting running for the first time ever.

Enough of me - if anyone wants to add me as a friend, feel free

Replies

• Abakan
    Abakan Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Hi Welshlady- Like you I tried to convince myself that being fat in my fiffies didn't matter but I hated buying clothes and hated the way I looked and although Hubby loved me just the way I was he loves my new body more and is happy that I'm now a fitter happier healthier me. I've already lost almost 4 stone and have spent almost a year maintaining . I've dieted in the past but always allowed the weight to creep back on but this time has been different because I took up exercise along with the diet so maintaining is easier. I love running and have recently joined a running club , I'm entered into a 10k race this coming weekend and have a half marathon planed for next may. I'd love to add you as a friend and will as soon as I work out how to do it. I'm completely new to this web site and I'm not great with computers.
    Good luck with your weight loss journey.
    I'm also a welsh lady living in North wales.
  • LLT57
    LLT57 Posts: 21
    Options
    Hello Welshlady,

Well done in taking the decision to start again. I did the same yesterday and it feels good!

Lea
  • Liliansamata
    Liliansamata Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hello Welsh Lady,
    Add me as friend if you wish. I was 61 in September and joined MFP 12 months ago. I think you can call us neighbours. I live in Liverpool.:smile:
  • jlp100
    jlp100 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm from Liverpool too :)

Always happy to accept new friends if you want any support :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    Make TODAY your best friend and kick tomorrow to the curb!!!
  • 53welshlady
    53welshlady Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Thanks all - lets hope I can keep it going. Started a blog - more of a diary to myself really, just to write down how I'm feeling etc.
    Now I must get back to work.