It's 11/12/13 and I begin again...

Options
One last time...again. I've tried many interesting start dates...8/8/8, 1/2/3, 12/12/12, plus every Monday,New Year, Valentines, birthday, etc etc. I've got a wonderful husband, babies & grandbabies, family & friends so I must get it together NOW. Here I go to goal by 12/13/14... :)

Replies

• joyfuljoy65
    joyfuljoy65 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Good luck! And it the UK that means its the 11 of December........ made me wake up with a jolt there... did I miss a month! LOL
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    if-youre-tired-of-starting-over.jpg

This might sound harsh but the truth sometimes hurts. No matter if you have a bad day or a bad week it is never the battle you have to worry about it is the war. In the end there will be more good days than bad days and you will get closer and closer to your goal until you are there and then you will wonder why you waited so long to start.

Good luck and God bless.
  • savadava
    Options
    Opps. Sorry about that. 4 hours past my bedtime here but i had to get this going. Thanks.
  • savadava
    Options
    Thanks for the harsh truth quote. The ol' .."if I'd kept going I'd be there by now..." Already 30 years of could have beens but I'll try to improve my odds for 30 more.
  • 53welshlady
    53welshlady Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your journey.
    I'm starting over today as well - the rot has truly set in and I have to take control again.
  • jenillawafer
    jenillawafer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Wishing you the best of luck! It's my birthday today, so I'll probably have to 'start over' as well. xD
  • BettyAnnJackson
    Options
    My physician recommened this site yesterday at a not so great appointment. I'm at the heaviest I've ever been. :grumble: So on 11-12-13 I'm gonna give this a shot. Wish me luck & good luck to my fellow site members! :flowerforyou:
  • RuthlovesBenson
    RuthlovesBenson Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Perhaps try not to look at it as starting over, more as continuing on. The problem with starting over tomorrow, or next week or New Years Day is that until then it's tempting to go mad because you know you are going to have to restrict yourself on what and how much you eat on your starting day.

So, maybe, if you slide off whatever diet or healthy eating regime you are on, just go back to it as soon as you can - at the next meal, don't beat yourself up, just go back to it.

There's a quote that courage does not always roar - sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says: I will try again tomorrow.

Best of luck.
  • akdollie
    akdollie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    One thing I have learned is to view this as a lifestyle change- it's not a diet- you go on a diet and off a diet. If you just keep at it as best as you can eventually it will become habit to get in more activity and healthier food choices. :happy: