Confusion

Options
So I had to add to pounds at my weigh in yesterday. I'm not sure if I gained weight or my scale at home is wrong. I weighed myself at the gym and it said 158, I meant to weigh myself as soon as I got home to compare the two, but I got distracted and ate dinner before I'd done it. So, I weighed myself this morning and the home scale read 159.1. It is TOM so that might have something to do with it.

I'm going to go to the gym this morning and weigh myself there and see what that scale says (I'm assuming it's the more accurate one, it's the standing medical office type thing). Ugh, I just want a correct reading so I can have an accurate idea of what the hell I weigh. I hate this!

Replies

• fullagrace
    Options
    You should always use only one scale when determining your progress. Also, its better if you always weigh at the same time.

I always weigh in the morning cause that is when I am the lightest.

I try to only weigh myself once a week too. Sometimes that is hard tho and I cheat lol.
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    I choose to just follow my scale at home. I weigh at the same time, stripped down every morning. I know the doctor's scale or other scales may be different, but I just follow my scale at home. I'm less interested in the weight showing on the scale than the weight LOSS I'm tracking. When I get closer to my goal, my actual weight will matter more. That's just my 2 cents worth. :smile:
  • jsheph1
    jsheph1 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I gain weight all the time. The important thing is that over weeks or months, I lose. Fluctuations in water retention will play tricks with you. Do not be discouraged if you are doing everything right and the scale reads higher. I also weigh naked at the same time on the same scale, but the trend over time is what you need to focus on, not any particular number ( except of course your goal weight).
  • rmkorama
    rmkorama Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    If you're concerned about your scale at home being accurate, you could try weighing something that you know the weight of, and compare. Like an unopened 5 lb bag of flour or something similar. Good luck! I know I had to go to the doctor's office last week and of course they always weigh you, and my weight was.... not what I would have liked. Even though I told myself, it wasn't my normal weigh-in time and I was fully clothed, etc. and I told myself I wasn't going to sweat it, it still did bug me a little bit all day.
  • amyfly
    amyfly Posts: 137
    Options
    Don't let a pound or two throw you off - so many things can affect (effect? I never know!) your weight throughout the day. Water weight, a heavy sodium meal, even food still being digested, etc. Esp. during TTM! I can go up two pounds in the course of a few hours. Weighing yourself on the same scale at the same time and not everyday is good advice - otherwise it can be very confusing (and discouraging at times)!