Anyone had a Breast Reduction?

Options
2»

Replies

• 2Shoes
    2Shoes Posts: 396
    Options
    Well, my surgery is tomorrow. Thanks everyone for all of the input! I very much appreciate it. I am nervous but excited too. I only have about 20lbs that I want to lose still but the last, but that'll have to be for after. I can't handle this things anymore. My neck pain is beyond tolerable. I don't think I will lose a lot of whatever is left because I honestly don't think they are very fatty....mostly breast tissue. I went on MakeMeHeal dot com and saw pages and pages worth of the scars. I am fully aware of the scarring and willing to deal with that in order to feel the relief from heavy boobies.

I will let everyone know how it goes! Thanks and say a prayer for me!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    I had a male breast reduction.............big weight off my chest! (literally) :)

I feel so good though, goodluck!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Good luck 2Shoes! You will be so happy when you come out of surgery and realize, "Hey -- my neck and shoulders already feel better!!"
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    HAVE A HAPPY SURGERY, 2SHOES!!! :flowerforyou:
  • 2Shoes
    Options
    Good luck 2Shoes! You will be so happy when you come out of surgery and realize, "Hey -- my neck and shoulders already feel better!!"

WOW, my thoughts EXACTLY!!!! My boobs are about 3/4 the size they once were. High and tight and much smaller nipples. I am looking forward to the stitches to dissolve. They look a little weird but was told because it takes months to almost a year for them to take it's shape. It takes about a couple of months for the 'fluff and drop".

I feel better instantly, Lost 2 lbs from them and my shirts are too big now :) excited about how they will end up.

Thanks everyone!!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    YAY!! So glad to hear good news!!! It will take some time for the swelling to go down and your boobs to go back to a normal state, but the relief on your back and shoulders is already here!! WOO WOO!!:drinker:
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Oh no, not back to normal. Firmer-tighter-lighter-,,, ya'.

When my wife was getting ready to do it i was very unhappy. I chose to marry a busty gal - I liked my busty gal :grumble: . Well,,, perky is nice too, and the benefits of a wife that feels good and wants to go hiking 'cause she can now do it without lugging 2 cantaloupes-in-tubesox is great.

Enjoy the new you. You feel good now, and you're gonna look dynamite pretty soon when the scars lighten up. And remember this - they are freshly rebuilt. The sag/droop clock starts over today, and the girls'll be looking at the ceiling for a looooong time. :tongue:
  • 2Shoes
    Options
    thanks Casper! :blushing:
  • J_Leigh27
    Options
    Hi! I am looking into getting a breast reduction.. I am 21 5'5 200 pounds wearing a 38DDD.. could I get approved to get this done? Who should I go to first to get this checked out?
  • Korrinn87
    Korrinn87 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm going to suggest that anyone looking here go to this awesome forum: reddit.com/r/abrathatfits and read the info in the side bar, ESPECIALLY if you've only ever been sized at Victoria Secret. I went from thinking I was a 40 G to a 36 JJ (about a 36I in US sizing). I see a lot of people think they're in the DD-DDD range, which in actuality really isn't that large. Remember, cup size is a function back size. A 34 DD will have a much smaller cup size than a 40DD, which is why places like VS will try to put you in a larger back size once you've sized out of their cups (which most women have). There are some really useful links in the side bar that can help you figure out what type of bra is best and what type of breasts you have

If you need a place to buy cheap(er) bras, check out brastop.com, its in the UK, so you'll need to find your UK size (which is actually way more consistent than US sizing, again see the link above, they have both). They have a TON of super cute and cheaper bras that are great and as long as you treat them nicely, they will last you a long time. And once you figure out your size, Ebay is your friend! A lot of places will sell their old stock on ebay for very much reduced prices.

Once you get in the correct size, you may find that your back pain is gone and you look like you've lost weight! I got rid of bad bulges and my posture improved. And especially if you've lost weight (not just in your breasts) you probably need a new bra size. Remember if your back size goes down, your cup size will need to go up as well!
  • wjstoj
    wjstoj Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • mummygettingfit
    mummygettingfit Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My partner is very against me getting a breast reduction =( (He needs to talk to you Casper!) But if my weight loss doesn't bring these 16G (AUS sizing = 38H UK and US sizing) boobies down to a reasonable size then I will be getting the reduction. The boobs I have now are constantly in cleavage mode (yes even with no bra!) just because there is no room for them on my chest. They have rashing - no matter how clean I keep them, back and neck pain, shoulder pain and bra pricing pain!!! I've had this drama since I was 15. I think I was a 14DD (36E) even then.

BRING ON REDUCTION!
  • jilly1130
    jilly1130 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    How did you get your insurance to cover it? Will they do a lift as well as the reduction?