Stress and Junk food!!

Options
I'm a new mother and there are alot of changes going on in my household...
Right now I crave chocolate sooooo much! Really anything sweet. Laffy Taffy and
anything chocolate or with chocolate is my favorite right now... But if it's sweet and
not good for you to eat...I'm eating it!
Any advice on how to deal? Thanks.

Replies

• troublejane
    Options
    just don't buy it! I can't have anything at home that tempts me... that helps because I am too lazy in this cold weather to get off my butt and walk out to get something... especially if I know it breaks my diet.
    In the meantime, however... dark chocolate is good for you - if you can eat only a small portion daily, that is actually not bad at all!
    Good luck!
  • carrieliz81
    carrieliz81 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I think many of us struggle from exactly the same weaknesses..... The only way I can be successful in this venture is to keep all that crap out of my house at all times. And then I buy myself low cal treats that kinda substitute for the real thing.... for example, Jello Mousse Temptations (all flavors are good! just discovered Chocolate Mint), sugar free fudgsicles, mini ice cream sandwiches, skinny cows, fruit, chocolate milk made with Hershey's Special Dark syrup....... Good luck!!! Be strong!!!
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I buy 70% dark chocolate and just have 2 squares of it per day if I am craving something sweet. It isn't too sweet which is why I can limit myself to that amount. I was reading today that 20 grams of 70% dark chocolate every THREE days, provides the best health benefits. Any more or less, does not.

Edys slow churned ice cream is good and half the fat.

Try fresh fruit, like in a salad or mixed with yogurt. I loved mixing Udi's vanilla granola with Stonyfield vanilla yogurt before I began eating vegan.
  • thisemmabites
    Options
    I buy 70% dark chocolate and just have 2 squares of it per day if I am craving something sweet. It isn't too sweet which is why I can limit myself to that amount. I was reading today that 20 grams of 70% dark chocolate every THREE days, provides the best health benefits. Any more or less, does not.

Try fresh fruit, like in a salad or mixed with yogurt. I loved mixing Udi's vanilla granola with Stonyfield vanilla yogurt before I began eating vegan.

Right on!
  • hingebre
    Options
    craving sweets is the worst! When I really need something sweet I grab a few sugar free Werthers Originals. They're sweet, there's only 40 cals for 5 pieces, and they're hard candies so you can suck on them for a little while.
    Good luck!
  • Jonatshaja
    Options
    I think many of us struggle from exactly the same weaknesses..... The only way I can be successful in this venture is to keep all that crap out of my house at all times. And then I buy myself low cal treats that kinda substitute for the real thing.... for example, Jello Mousse Temptations (all flavors are good! just discovered Chocolate Mint), sugar free fudgsicles, mini ice cream sandwiches, skinny cows, fruit, chocolate milk made with Hershey's Special Dark syrup....... Good luck!!! Be strong!!!

MMMM!!! I'm definitely gonna try that. I did try the 100 cal. packs (striped fudge cookies)...only thing is they are toooo good! I ate the whole box in like 2 days :(
    Trying to not buy the stuff is so hard...I was talking to my friend last night about it also and she suggested the same thing. I think I just need to suck it up and exhibit some will power! I just don't wanna go crazy in the process :)
  • Jonatshaja
    Options
    craving sweets is the worst! When I really need something sweet I grab a few sugar free Werthers Originals. They're sweet, there's only 40 cals for 5 pieces, and they're hard candies so you can suck on them for a little while.
    Good luck!

I like that idea too! The weight watchers choc. covered toffees are good too...but I think I'll try the hard candy idea.
    LOL! Just crossed my mind what an awesome product chocolate flavored gum would be!!! :)
  • Jonatshaja
    Options

Yay for dark chocolate!!! I have good reason to eat dark chocolate! What could be better news than that! I'm not a big yogurt fan..although I do try to eat it now and then.
  • akninsas
    akninsas Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Extra Gum came out with Dessert Delights Gum. I bought the Mint Chocolate Chip and it is the best!!!!!!!!!