Exercise - Shoulder Rotator Cuff Tear

Options
Does any one have any routines to rehab a slight shoulder rotator cuff tear?

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    You don't want to do anything that can tear it further but you need to keep mobility. I had 2 from my PT to do that seemed to help a bit.

Stand bent over at the waist and let the affected arm hang straight down. Slowly rotate it in circles while just hanging. Don't get fast and crazy, just let it kind of circle around and you'll feel it loosen up.

Stand in front of a wall with a medium sized ball. Starting down about your waist, work the ball up the wall in small circular motions until your arm is stretched up as far as you can go then come back down with it. I could never get a ball to roll right so I started using a towel which led to me thinking that it was a lot like cleaning windows so I had shiny windows after that!

I was later diagnosed with a torn ligament rather than a rotator cuff so I can't tell you if those exercises actually work or not but they didn't make mine worse.
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    If you are self diagnosed go to a doctor.

If you are doctor diagnosed go to Phisio!!!!

Other than that Google will probably be a lit friendlier.
  • catmandu57
    catmandu57 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you..................I'll give it a try
  • suzanne63
    suzanne63 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I think I have this injury too.I hope you feel better.Please don't strain it too much and try to heal.
  • mike_ny
    mike_ny Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Shoulders can take a long time to headland they can still give you problems afterwards. Don't overwork it.

I've found the herb Cissus Quadrangularis seems to help it heal faster. It's an old Indian herbal remedy for joints and a lot of people have had some luck with it. Wikipedia and WebMD have some information on it.

It isn't cheap and I'm not trying to sell it, but the Super Cissus capsules from GNC are what most people use.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    You should probably go see a doctor but once you are no longer injured you may want to start doing some mobility work.

Couple of shoulder warm up/mobility videos I like.

http://youtu.be/sPm5dQ4_yhE

I do this one twice a week.
    http://youtu.be/VRYmTEN_ZA8