craving

hello everyone . hope you all good and healthy !

how do you fight your craving..especially at night time ?!

cheers.

Replies

• Just have a little bit.
  • viglet
    viglet Posts: 299 Member
    Luckily I don't crave food at night (weekends are another story).

I eat by 6 and then Between 6 and 8, I just keep busy. I work out anywhere from 8 to 10. If anytime after I work out I get hungry, I force my *kitten* to sleep lol.

I drink tea if I am really craving something or I take a quarter cup of cheerios to munch on.
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    I have nothing but healthy food in my place. Nobody craves this stuff.

If there's cake or cookies around, I deal with my cravings by eating all of the cake and cookies.
  • viglet
    viglet Posts: 299 Member
    I have nothing but healthy food in my place. Nobody craves this stuff.

If there's cake or cookies around, I deal with my cravings by eating all of the cake and cookies.

I just threw away a full two plates of cake, naimo bars and coconut custard tarts for this same reason.
    RIP my sugary friends :(
  • Jacqadactle
    Jacqadactle Posts: 62 Member
    I make healthy versions of whatever I'm craving.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    I might as well have what I am craving because I will eat other stuff and eat what I am craving also. If I have eaten all my calories for the day I tell myself tomorrow you can have it and I do. I don't seem to crave food any more since I eat what I want just stay in my calorie range.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    I incorporate foods I love everyday. I often prelog my day the night before, plug in the treats and plan the other meals around them to make sure I still meet my calorie/macro/ micro/fiber goals. Then if I get a craving early in the day, it's easier to resist. I don't need that donut for breakfast if I know I'm having ice cream after dinner.
  • Broderick50
    Broderick50 Posts: 842 Member
    I try to put my workout as the last thing I do so after my shower I'm usually to wore out to do anything but sleep. It works for me.
  • I'm a bit of a newbie and only been dieting/exercising properly for the last 4 days, but if you're trying to loose weight like me, just think about how bad you will feel if you give in to your unhealthy craving(if it is unhealthy?) and always try and remember your end goal weight/look! You can do it!!
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    don't deprive yourself during the day and week. if you eat foods you love in moderation then your body won't feel cheated out and have cravings. if it's anything you feel like munching on because of boredom, drink some water or tea and keep yourself busy
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    I have it if I have the calories. If I don't, I tell myself I'll just make room for it tomorrow.
  • ( Do not buy it ) . If your like me you will not stop at a little :)
  • wordpainter09
    wordpainter09 Posts: 472 Member
    I make healthy versions of whatever I'm craving.

This. Popcorn instead of chips, a little cocoa instead of chocolate, etc. I'm not good at having a little of anything.

Figure out what your strengths are. If you're the type who can be satisfied with a healthy substitute and would rather have a high volume amount of food, pick that. If you would rather have a little of the real thing and know you can stop, go with that option. Or, if you know night eating will make you binge, don't start at all. Eat a big dinner with protein and fat and close the kitchen.

ETA: This sounds weird but I suggest keeping a food journal for a week or two to figure out what your "food personality" is. Maybe in the notes of your diary. It's pretty easy to figure out within that time frame what your strengths/weaknesses are with food - types, environments, when you tend to overeat, etc. It will help you overcome it. Knowledge is power.
  • D_Dub
    D_Dub Posts: 11 Member
    All these are great ideas to get over cravings. But I have to ask myself why am I craving. If I have a balanced diet there is no physical reason. It is all mental, aka , addiction. We generally have addictions to fill voids. Our drug of choice is food. Deal with it like any other addiction and don't expect it to go away overnight. You can do it. You're worth it!