Urgent help!

Options
This is a little random asking you guys for relationship advice, but i didnt know who to turn to!

Right, I really like this boy and we've been talking and hanging out for a while now...we've just been chatting online and the convo somehow got onto the subject of who we fancy. He keeps asking me to tell him cause he wont tell the guy..but he's ironically hes the guy! :laugh: Im seeing him later cause me and 3 friends are going to watch him and his mates play footy in a 5-a-side league and he says hes going to ask me tonight again. He also said he'd tell me who he fancies after I do..but what about if he doesnt even like me :S

WHAT DO I DO? Do i admit it and see if he feels the same way but then risk our frendship..or keep it quiet for a bit? I havent had much experience with guys so any advice would help lol...please be nice! :embarassed:

Replies

• rundgrenfan
    Options
    I think he may like you but is too shy to say so. You could say, "What would you say if I said it was you?", and then see how he reacts.
  • Maitlyn
    Maitlyn Posts: 22
    Options
    Life is too short. Tell him you like him...what do you have to lose? I say, "GO FOR IT"!!
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Well...you could have your friend pass his friend a note at recess....

........or you could tell him how you feel. Put it out there.
  • AmberBarrios
    AmberBarrios Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I say tell him straight out but approach it in a joking manner to see what he says or how he reacts, like "well you know you aren't too bad" LOL then if he responds the same you are golden!!

Good luck, hope to hear an update tomorrow. :drinker:
  • carbonboy
    carbonboy Posts: 729
    Options
    I tend to agree with Maitlyn, unless you've had a lifelong friendship with this guy that you don't want to risk losing, I think you should just put your cards on the table. I've always felt that the things we regret the most are the chances we never took.
  • BellaCoconut
    Options
    hehehe....I think the note idea is cute! :smile:

but I really think that you should just tell him! :flowerforyou:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options

ahh that wasn't nice and she ask for nice:huh: ... nothing like patrionizing her, jeez dude, she's only 16, don't you remember way back then and liking someone but not sure how to tell them?
  • bekylouisex3
    bekylouisex3 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Okayyy :love: Thanks for all your help! I'll update you tomorrow...eeekk! I'm so nervous :smooched:
  • bekylouisex3
    Options

Does recess mean breaktime? :laugh: It's a school holiday at the moment so that's not really possible lol.
  • RoadDog
    Options

ahh that wasn't nice and she ask for nice:huh: ... nothing like patrionizing her, jeez dude, she's only 16, don't you remember way back then and liking someone but not sure how to tell them?

I was not trying to be mean. I was trying to be humorous, while saying that she should tell how she feels. He might not be interested, but at the same time, she doesn't want to let timidity interfere with what might be.

Of course, I remember what it was like at that age. Had my heart broken more than once, but I never suffered the regret that comes with not telling someone how I feel. Those that I love, know it.
  • RoadDog
    Options

Does recess mean breaktime? :laugh: It's a school holiday at the moment so that's not really possible lol.

If I offended you. I apologize. Didn't mean to. You should definitely express your feelings.
  • Sheepdoglady
    Options
    I agree with the others Bekylouise, it does sound like he's interested in you and if you can get him on your own without all the others hearing he might well open up to you and you can tell him how you feel too. Trouble is, if he's with his mates and you with yours all in a crowd it might be a bit awkward and embarrassing, so good luck . . . x
  • BullDozier
    BullDozier Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I played this game with my wife for about ten years before we finally opened up and owned up to each other how we felt. That was ten years of being together we lost. My only advice is to not let that happen to you.

Yes, it could be embarassing if who is wants to tell you is not you. But, based on the limited information, it certainly could be. If he's a good guy, it will certainly be worth the embarassment. You can always get over embarassment. You can't get back lost time.
  • Sheepdoglady
    Options
    Also, Roaddog, I didn't think you were being unkind. Passing a note is a thought, if a little bit immature for an 18 yr old, but I didn't take it that you were being rude I took it to mean you were suggesting putting "the idea out there", right?
  • RoadDog
    Options
    Also, Roaddog, I didn't think you were being unkind. Passing a note is a thought, if a little bit immature for an 18 yr old, but I didn't take it that you were being rude I took it to mean you were suggesting putting "the idea out there", right?

Absolutely. Raised three daughters. I would tell them the same thing.
  • Joyjmb
    Joyjmb Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    You make him go FIRST!!
    Maybe you're on HIS list!

When you tell him who you fancy, start with two other people - movie stars, band singers, etc. and then 'actually you're on the list.' Or 'someone just like you would be great.'
    Then he hopefully says 'Well why NOT me?'
  • Fesse
    Fesse Posts: 611
    Options
    @ Roaddog! Man, you're the coolest cat ever! Loved your advise and I wished I had a dad like you.
  • bekylouisex3
    Options
    Okayyy, well it went well..at first. When I told him last night he arranged to see me today to 'sort things out'. But today it was really awkward and we didnt get far as 'sorting things out'. Hes just told me that he's happy being just friends, he does like me but the awkwardness put him off :(
  • BullDozier
    BullDozier Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Okayyy, well it went well..at first. When I told him last night he arranged to see me today to 'sort things out'. But today it was really awkward and we didnt get far as 'sorting things out'. Hes just told me that he's happy being just friends, he does like me but the awkwardness put him off :(

Did he tell you who he fancies? Was it you, but then it was awkward, or did he not tell you?
  • bekylouisex3
    Options
    He didn't tell me :noway: but we're still talking..lol we chatted til 1am yesterday :blushing: