Quick ideas for school Halloween party

Options
sillygoose1977
sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
So I have my costume for our Halloween party on Saturday but I need a quick and easy idea for my daughter's school party on Friday. Not that mine is inappropriate, but the kids won't get it. Any ideas for an easy cosume that 8 year olds would dig?

Replies

• BigGail
    BigGail Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    The easiest ones for sure are a witch or a vampire!
  • yojibalinese
    Options
    My Mom's a teacher's aide and every year she dressed up as a vampire bite victim. She just puts on a band-aid!
  • FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Take a whole bunch of small balloons and put them in a see-through garbage bag (unused of course!). Then, make a hole for your legs and your arms and Voila! You're soap suds... Wear white tights and a shower cap :)
  • cjjohnson
    cjjohnson Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Toy story is big right now, try being a cowboy. Jeans, bandanna, and boots with a cheap hat. Should be good to go.
  • jrsmithne
    jrsmithne Posts: 124
    Options
    My kids are older now, but I use to make all their costumes.
    Green or purple grapes, green or purple sweats with corresponding color balloons pinned on.

Hobo - patch of diff color material glued or loosely sewn on jeans, beard painted, a filled handkerchief tied to end of a stick.

Christmas present - a box wrapped in xmas paper big enough for them to fit over body, cut holes for arms, a tag (to: from tied on) bow. my daughter won a contest with this one

pumpkin - those leaf bags filled w some paper crumpled w holes for arms and legs .

My youngest was a speed bump a couple yrs ago, very funny to adults, the kids did not really get it. painted a piece of cardboard yellow, glued a green painted yardstick to it and painted "Speed bump ahead" on it. Yellow sweats with black tire tracks across them.
  • bkrbabe57
    bkrbabe57 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Years ago I did something similar to femininguns. I took a drycleaners bag and put over my god daughters head. put in arm holes then filled with small colorful balloons. tied the bottom around her legs and ties a couple of balloons to her ponytail. I made a label and she went as a bag of jellybeans.
    She was adorable.
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    bkrbabe I LOVE your bike! I just bought my first to fix up.
  • gypsyjacquelina
    gypsyjacquelina Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Pirates - gotta love em!
  • rundgrenfan
    Options
    Scientist or doctor/nurse is easy if you have a lab coat.