NSV

Options
Today I unsubscribed myself from all of the Big and Tall store emails I was getting. I will never shop in one again. It is a great feeling finally being able to walk into a mall and buy clothes at a normal store. I have to say this is one of the best feelings I have had thus far. Paying 2-3x the price for the crappiest quality clothes and having to goto a special store to do it is one of the most demeaning experiences ever.

16 months ago I was wearing 5XL Tall Shirts (I would buy the tall version for the extra length because it felt better than buying 6xl) and 56/58" waist pants (with waist relaxer elastic cheaters)

Today I am buying XXL shirts and 42" Waist pants. I even bought an XL pair of sweatpants that actually fit. I cant remember the last time I could buy XL anything. I Still have a long way to go though, but I am making progress.

Replies

• kierkeb
    kierkeb Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    That has to be such a great feeling! Keep up the hard work :)
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Congrats that is a fabulous NSV and 163 pounds lost!!!! You should be very proud of yourself!!
  • daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Love it!! Congratulations :)

I remember walking past Lane Bryant over the summer and actually saying out loud to the store "I don't have to shop here anymore." It is an awesome feeling not to need a specialty store in order to buy clothes that fit. Oh and those specialty stores are never as stylish as the regular stores.

Keep up the great work!!!!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,297 Member
    Options
    Well done! You must be so proud of yourself. It's a great achievement! :flowerforyou:
  • grillnchill
    grillnchill Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Great work. :)
  • kmwrestle
    kmwrestle Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks
    And at 300.2lbs I should hit under 300 any day, which will be my corresponding scale victory.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    You deserve an epic high five. As soon as I devise a routine for one, I'll get back with you.

Until then, please take this plain, everyday high five. I know, I know, it's not the same, but it's all I got.

*high five*
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! :happy:
  • leadiax3
    leadiax3 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    wooo hooo! that is frickin awesome.
  • Livin4me1969
    Livin4me1969 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Congratulations that is an amazing loss and must be an amazing feeling! I have a way to go to be able to shop in "normal" shops but I do so look forward to doing that. You should be so proud of the major steps that you have taken already. Great work!! oh and by the way I checked out your profile pics and LOVE the Yorkie!!! I have one myselft :)
  • Ke22yB
    Ke22yB Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Great job I know the feeling you are discussing and it brings the biggest smile to my face I have a big and tall shop near me and I laugh out loud when I drive by now.
    We add to the satisfaction of being healthier the joy of shopping??? Did I really say that///// the joy of shopping
    Congratulations on one more step in your journey. Enjoy it
  • mapenguinkeeper
    Options
    woo, hoo you go guy:bigsmile:
  • kjdunn68
    kjdunn68 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. This helps keep me motivated to keep going. Great job.
  • SlimJanette
    SlimJanette Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the NSV as well as your weight loss. Keep up the good work.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!! I plan to keep buying bras from Lane Bryant for quite awhile - but the last time I was in the store, I tried on stuff that was way too big for me and I have a feeling my store card won't be getting much play in the future.

I can also relate to the NSV of buying sizes you haven't seen in many many years. Currently wearing an XL long sleeve tee, and it's a ladies XL not men's. For me it's been about 20 yrs since that happened. Actually I bought this one 2 yrs ago to wear as a layering piece and didn't wear it because it was SO tight and didn't come down over my belly completely. Now it's worn normally as my shirt for work :-)
  • chellycakes
    chellycakes Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Wow! Amazing job!
  • addean1
    addean1 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Yeah! Great victory!
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Amazing NSV! Congrats and keep it up!
  • SkinnyMel78
    SkinnyMel78 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    this is awesome, congrats!!!!!
  • ertlandia
    Options
    awesome!! when i did that they sent me a whole bunch of coupons
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!